Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston coverage

Just watching a tape of the local ABC feed of the race. They had Joanie, Marty and Billy and a couple of civilians doing the announcing. I don't think that was the same crew as the ESPN feed who at least included Rawson I believe. I'm sitting here thinking that they were doing a pretty good job until one of the civilians says "Very few people have won NY and Boston back to back". Uh lady, take a look at the guy on your left who, of course, just kept his mouth shut.

Re: Boston coverage

ESPN2's coverage had Rawson, Carol Lewis, and Lewis Johnson. They also had Alan Culpepper with them off and on and at the end showed some clips of Dick Beardsley and Alberto Salazar. They did a pretty good job and I don't recall a single football reference the entire time.

Comment

Bob forgot to mention the one announcer for espn2's marathon coverage that made it worth listening to, and that was Sean McDonough. I thought Sean, who has done countless baseball games, did a great job if for no other reason he kept LR from talking. He spoke in an informed and moderate tone which added to the broadcast. The is the first time in a while that I have watched the epsn2 coverage and not used the mute button.

Comment

I'm
        >sitting here thinking that they were doing a pretty good job until one of the
        >civilians says "Very few people have won NY and Boston back to back". Uh
        >lady, take a look at the guy on your left who, of course, just kept his mouth
        >shut.>>

What wasn't true about what the lady said?

Comment

>I'm
          >sitting here thinking that they were doing a pretty good job until one
          >of the
          >civilians says "Very few people have won NY and Boston back to
          >back". Uh
          >lady, take a look at the guy on your left who, of course, just
          >kept his mouth
          >shut.>>

>What wasn't true about what the lady said?

It was technically a correct statement just incomplete. You would think that she would have referred to Billy's record at both races at the same time. I may be wrong but I just assumed that the lack of a comment meant that she didn't know.

Comment

Working...
          X