X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26mi235
    replied
    Re: have you all gone to sleep

Flanagan had two gears, Sally had 3, same with Teg and Curtis/St Lawrence.

In the woman's race, the rabbit was gone by 2000m.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Kritzler
    replied

I watched both 10k's on the Flotrack (great coverage). Women had three break away and alternate the pace. Flanagan had only one gear. Kipyego ran 4:06 a week ago, and pulled away the last 100.
    Men's field had 14! in lead pack the whole way till the 20 yr. old Japanese trained Kenyan took off with 8 laps remaining. Tegenkamp surged from the pack with 4 laps remaining, but was outkicked by many on the last lap.

Leave a comment:

• Double R Bar
    replied

Yes, Chris was pacing. He didn't plan to finish the 10,000.

Leave a comment:

• lovetorun
    replied

Originally posted by Dave
    Anyone know why Solinsky dropped out? Injury?
    I think he was just pacing the race, not competing...took thru first 5000m in 13:43+... to help runners seeking qualifying marks for WC.

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied

Anyone know why Solinsky dropped out? Injury?

Leave a comment:

• odelltrclan
    replied

Originally posted by 72
    Clearly, cos I can't see one word about the Stanford meet on either your Message board or your Home page.

Letsrun has great details about the meet last night which i read this morning at 8 a.m. in the UK

I know the Yanks did not win either of the 10K races, but Hasay did a nice PB in the 1500m and Flanagan ran well to come second.

I seem to recall that last year when Solinskiy won, his name was all over the MB within no time at all. Last year the race was held late in the evening also. Where are all you Californian Track fans; surely you dont all go to bed at 10 p.m.( our 6 a.m)

The board is a little anemic of late but lets also remember the time difference while the main events were going on on the east coast. Also, don't forget what was happening somewhere else in the world as the killing/capture of Osama bin Laden took a lot of people's attention elsewhere.

I wish I could have watched both the men's & women's elite 10ks. Turned into great races it appears.

Leave a comment:

• ed gee
    replied

Originally posted by DrJay
    Virgin now drops to 10th on the alltime US 10K list.
    Virgin is knocked out of the top 10 on the all time US 10,000 m list.

26:59.60 Chris Solinsky
    27:10.74 Galen Rupp
    27:13.98 Meb Keflezighi
    27:16.99 Abdi Abdirahman
    27:20.56 Mark Nenow
    27:22.28 Dathan Ritzenhein
    27:24.67 Bobby Curtis
    27:25.61 Alberto Salazar
    27:28.19 Tim Nelson
    27:28.22 Matt Tegenkamp
    27:29.61 Craig Virgin

Leave a comment:

• huntinwr
    replied

Originally posted by exdrake
    I am assuming that had to be a pR for Katie Follett--can anyone confirm and tell me how big a PT. Where/with whom does she train?
    I think she ran 4:10.something last year at Stanford. She's with Brooks but don't know where/and with who she trains.

Also impressed with Hasay. I liked her attitude in the Flotrack interview after, didn't seem overly impressed with herself. I got the impression she would rather have won than PR'd.

Leave a comment:

• exdrake
    replied

I am assuming that had to be a pR for Katie Follett--can anyone confirm and tell me how big a PT. Where/with whom does she train?

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied

Virgin now drops to 10th on the alltime US 10K list.

Leave a comment:

• BCBaroo
    replied

Originally posted by Marlow
    Originally posted by BCBaroo
    I was wondering the same thing. Has this board lost its mojo?
    A. It was VERY late Sunday night for most of the country.
    B. It was up to the first poster to BE the first poster and report the results.
    C. Mojo is not lost; she was already asleep.
    Touche'.

My allegiance remains...

Trackius Fieldium Newsius Aeternum

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

Originally posted by BCBaroo
    I was wondering the same thing. Has this board lost its mojo?
    A. It was VERY late Sunday night for most of the country.
    B. It was up to the first poster to BE the first poster and report the results.
    C. Mojo is not lost; she was already asleep.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied

It was on quite late, Central time, and I was watching recorded earlier races while the live races were being set up and run, so I did not have much mental bandwidth for posting, plus I thought it was late for anything specific.

Observations. The break in the 10,000 was very odd for such a race, with the winner virtually sprinting clear with a couple miles to go ; picking up an immediate 5-second lead and increasing it while the pack stayed on its primary objective of A-standard pace. Finally, the pack picked up the pace with several laps to go and ran the last bit pretty fast. It looked like Tegenkamp would take the race for second until the duo of Curtis and St Lawrence sped up to cover the final 400 in 58. A large number of "A"s in both the men's and women's races; in the men's race, the lead group stayed together until the very end (except for the sprint to first). A majority of that lead group was composed for foreigners; Japan has often had a lot of athletes in this meet but there were a lot of others this time. The Japanese record was scared but not broken in the woman's 10,000.

Sally Kipyego looked quicker than Flanagan, who looks strong but not ready for a sprint. Sally, of course, has a tough row to hoe to make the national team, but see seems to be getting closer all the time. Molly Huddle ran most of the race in no-woman's land after dropping off of the slightly too rich pace that was close to what Huddle just ran for a 5000 (not her AR of last year, the one she ran last month). Jennifer Rhynes and others also just kept plugging away to hit a Q time.

Hasay was only about fifth in a tight finishing group but ran a 3-second PR of 4:10 to take the collegiate lead (I think), with the winning time of 4:08 or 4:09.

Ben Blankenship ran a great last 400 to take the 1500 in 3:39 -- he was running unattached (Minnesota) and has shown pretty good range, as he would have won the Big Ten XC race if the finish was 25 meters further on. I suspect that he could be the 8th MN runner at 1:50 or better if he ran an 800, as he always as good closing speed.

The 5000s were 'unspectacular' even if a number of runners accomplished their time goals.

Leave a comment:

• Double R Bar
    replied

I was at the Stanford meet pretty much all day. The weather was just about perfect for the 5 and 10's. Chris Solinsky went through 5,000 in about 13:43.4 before dropping out of the 10,000. There were so many great marks, but that men's 10,000 was amazing.

Leave a comment:

• BCBaroo
    replied

Originally posted by 72
    Clearly, cos I can't see one word about the Stanford meet on either your Message board or your Home page.
    Letsrun has great details about the meet last night which i read this morning at 8 a.m. in the UK
    I was wondering the same thing. Has this board lost its mojo? As much as Letsrun boards get ridiculed for trolls and bashing, I can't deny that there's more info/discussion/news lately.

I got nothing but heart for youTFN, but I need my results!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X