Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasy Athletics competitions for 2011

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fantasy Athletics competitions for 2011

    Two Fantasy Athletics competitions have been set up for the 2011 Diamond League series. One by the IAAF and one by UKA.

    http://iaafworldathleticsclub.org/FantasyAthletics

    http://www.uka.org.uk/aviva-series/fantasy-athletics/

  • #2
    Re: Fantasy Athletics competitions for 2011

    Originally posted by Jon
    Two Fantasy Athletics competitions have been set up for the 2011 Diamond League series. One by the IAAF and one by UKA.

    http://iaafworldathleticsclub.org/FantasyAthletics

    http://www.uka.org.uk/aviva-series/fantasy-athletics/
    Can somebody explain the UKA one. I'm confused by the Gold, silver, bronze thing.

    Ditto for IAAF is it same as last year? Talk about short notice, Jeeeeeeeeeeeez! How the heck does one pick a team? All I see is Doha's line up.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Fantasy Athletics competitions for 2011

      O.K. I just figured out IAAF. Doha is a warm up! Doesn't count. Still have no clue about UKA.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Fantasy Athletics competitions for 2011

        I just picked my Doha team - pickled cauliflower. Only 24 hours before my first tears.
        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
        by Thomas Henry Huxley

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Fantasy Athletics competitions for 2011

          "fantasy athletics"? Isn't that any DL race projected to involve both Gay and Bolt?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Fantasy Athletics competitions for 2011

            Are we having a league ? i can work out how to set one up but have no idea how to join one. It says you need to get a pin but even if you set one up (i have) there is no pin amywhere !!

            Why is this all so last minute AAAAAAAAH
            i deserve extra credit

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Fantasy Athletics competitions for 2011

              Has anyone successfully registered and made picks for Doha in the IAAF game. At first it looked like it was blowing up when I tried to register, then it looks like I have an account and it blows up when I try to make picks.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Fantasy Athletics competitions for 2011

                Originally posted by donley2
                Has anyone successfully registered and made picks for Doha in the IAAF game. At first it looked like it was blowing up when I tried to register, then it looks like I have an account and it blows up when I try to make picks.
                Same here; no problem picking a UKA team, however.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Fantasy Athletics competitions for 2011

                  i know this is a test but does that mean that any athletes we choose for Doha we'll be able to choose again ?? :?

                  and why are there 11 mens events but only 6 womens :x
                  i deserve extra credit

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Fantasy Athletics competitions for 2011

                    Originally posted by mump boy
                    Are we having a league ? i can work out how to set one up but have no idea how to join one. It says you need to get a pin but even if you set one up (i have) there is no pin amywhere !!

                    Why is this all so last minute AAAAAAAAH
                    I set up a league, and got a PIN (17672) through both immediate announcement and e-mail, but you're right, they still have problems with the league thing... and many other things :? (Though I never had any problems selecting my team!)

                    Dunno if we'll be able to select athletes again. It doesn't indicate otherwise anywhere, but then, the only 2 athletes per country rule isn't mentioned anywhere either...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Fantasy Athletics competitions for 2011

                      I had no problems. They rejected my registration from before, had to do it again, but after that, all went well. The rules are really poorly presented, we'll have to learn as we go along, I guess :wink: . It'd be great, if somebody managed to put together our own league, like in the past.
                      "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                      by Thomas Henry Huxley

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Fantasy Athletics competitions for 2011

                        Originally posted by LopenUupunut
                        Dunno if we'll be able to select athletes again. It doesn't indicate otherwise anywhere, but then, the only 2 athletes per country rule isn't mentioned anywhere either...
                        The rules say: "It is possible to make unlimited substitutions to your team up to two hours before the scheduled start of any IAAF Samsung Diamond League meeting."
                        "Run fast and keep turning left."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Fantasy Athletics competitions for 2011

                          Originally posted by trackstar
                          Originally posted by LopenUupunut
                          Dunno if we'll be able to select athletes again. It doesn't indicate otherwise anywhere, but then, the only 2 athletes per country rule isn't mentioned anywhere either...
                          The rules say: "It is possible to make unlimited substitutions to your team up to two hours before the scheduled start of any IAAF Samsung Diamond League meeting."
                          Speaking of which, it says the transfer option is disabled right now, yet I just successfully completed a transfer...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Fantasy Athletics competitions for 2011

                            Originally posted by LopenUupunut
                            the only 2 athletes per country rule isn't mentioned anywhere either...
                            Yes, that would have been handy info to have. I was freaking out for a minute when it wouldn't let me select certain athletes, until I finally realized what was going on. Sigh. I'm glad the IAAF tries, but they still always have too many little overlooked details like this. Frustrating, since they've had since 2009 to figure it out.
                            "Run fast and keep turning left."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Fantasy Athletics competitions for 2011

                              Originally posted by LopenUupunut
                              I set up a league, and got a PIN (17672) through both immediate announcement and e-mail, but you're right, they still have problems with the league thing... and many other things :? (Though I never had any problems selecting my team!)
                              Hey, is anybody else going to join the T&FN league? It won't be much of a league if Lopen and I are the only ones who join! Hurry up!
                              "Run fast and keep turning left."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X