Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fantasy Athletics competitions for 2011

Originally posted by Pego
    Rome is now available, start list and transfers. They are allowing previously used athletes.
    WHAT ??

so why was i saving obvious winners for later in the season. there is no skill in picking Usain and Allyson every week :?
    i deserve extra credit

Comment

If that the case I don't think I'm going to bother.

There's no point.

Comment

look at the lists it seems like they've been listening.

Whislt you can see all of the people that have competed so far in the DL you can also choose that particular meet and just get the list of those competeing there.

Obviously this is an improvement.

Comment

Some of the events in Rome are loaded, the women's 1500m looks like a world final.

At the back of my mind I'm wondering whether doing the 400m will reduce the likelihood of Felix winning the 200m, but with no VCB and SAFP she's just too far ahead of everyone at the moment.

Comment

Anyone think there will be a problem with Felix and Richards-Ross doubling? Will we get their best finish or not?

Good luck everyone. :wink:

Comment

I'm sticking with it for the moment (Seeing as I did so well first time) but it's near impossible to make selections so early in the season.

There is no way of telling who is likely to win in wJT, mTJ, w1500m, m400m etc. It's always foolish to predict the w100h. The m400h, wLJ, mPV and mSP all have clear season leaders at the moment but how much longer will they last. Blanka should be a sure bet but looked horrible last week. With Allyson and Sanya doubling (Is there really only 30mins between the races) there is no telling the outcome.

Skill isn't going to come into it this week, it's going to won by pure luck.

Comment

Important league note: while the Rome-specific startlists to pick athletes from are a definite improvement, don't trust them too much, as they are based on the original, preliminary lists. A number of athletes on those original lists are missing from the actual, updated startlists. The most notable of these are Rudisha in men's 800m, Di Martino in women's high jump and Zarudneva in women's steeplechase. It is of course possible that further athletes will withdraw in the coming days.

Comment

Originally posted by Jnathletics
                  Anyone think there will be a problem with Felix and Richards-Ross doubling? Will we get their best finish or not?

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they will award points to Felix and Richards for both events. It makes it tough to pick a captain, because if they will award points for both the 200 and 400, then Felix is a excellent pick for captain. If they just pick the event for which you selected that athlete, then its not as attractive of a pick.

Comment

Originally posted by teunissa
                    If they just pick the event for which you selected that athlete, then its not as attractive of a pick.
                    That's what they did in the past. They do have some significant rule changes this year, so who knows?
                    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

I don't think their system even knows which event you picked that athlete for. You'll get points either for the better event, or both events, I think... we'll see. (I have Felix as captain in the hope she'll get points for both events, but I won't be particularly angry if she only gets one set of points, as I can't think of another captain anyhow.)

Comment

Originally posted by teunissa

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they will award points to Felix and Richards for both events. It makes it tough to pick a captain, because if they will award points for both the 200 and 400, then Felix is a excellent pick for captain. If they just pick the event for which you selected that athlete, then its not as attractive of a pick.
                        Felix has been runnning well all over. Richards has not run since her 5th place finish at the Jamaica Invitational May 7th.

Felix should be alot sharper. Felix should definitely win the 200m. 400m could be close.

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut
                          I don't think their system even knows which event you picked that athlete for. You'll get points either for the better event, or both events, I think... we'll see. (I have Felix as captain in the hope she'll get points for both events, but I won't be particularly angry if she only gets one set of points, as I can't think of another captain anyhow.)
                          I'm having the opposite problem. :P I can't decide on which one should be captain, as this is the crucial position for this season, as you need the captain to get a MR or else you've wasted that selection. There are a couple out there, the question is, are they in good enough shape? and 4 of my options actually are competing in the same event (2 each in 2 different events) so only the winner I assume can get MR bonus. Which one to choose??? :?

Comment

I'm having the opposite problem. :P I can't decide on which one should be captain, as this is the crucial position for this season, as you need the captain to get a MR or else you've wasted that selection. There are a couple out there, the question is, are they in good enough shape? and 4 of my options actually are competing in the same event (2 each in 2 different events) so only the winner I assume can get MR bonus. Which one to choose??? :?
                            Interesting, incidentally, that we should both have Merga in our current teams when he has the 8th best PB in the field!

Comment

Where can you find meet records for Rome?

Nevermind. I found it.
                              "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

I've found this week's men's choices to be particularly difficult. In fact, I wound up picking two guys in the same event, figuring that a 10+8 is better than the huge question marks you might have in other events that are truly up in the air (5000--too many stars; PV--it's the PV and anything can happen, especially since thunderstorms are predicted when the event starts; SP--is Armstrong for real or will any one of four or five other potential winners step up?; I could go on and on, but I really only found one event I was comfortable with on the men's side).

Comment

Working...
                                X