X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trackstar
    replied
    Re: Fantasy Athletics competitions for 2011

By the way, if y'all are wondering if anyone at IAAF is paying attention to this thread, I think the answer is yes: I notice one of our league members is Chris Butler, who I presume is the same Chris Butler employed with IAAF who helped us out with the game two years ago.

Leave a comment:

• trackstar
    replied

Originally posted by trackstar
    Is anyone else finding it impossible to enter/change their team? I changed my team last night, clicked submit, and now can find no evidence that anything changed.
    Still having this same problem. I submitted my team, then afterward, clicking on any of the lower buttons (My team, my leagues, etc.) just takes me to the front page of the site. I need to pick a captain and can't, nor can I even see my team. Gaah. I appreciate IAAF trying to reach out to their fans, but they've got to do a better job on the tech end.
    Hmm, apparently it was a browser problem. I switched from Firefox to Safari and it works now.

Leave a comment:

• trackstar
    replied

Is anyone else finding it impossible to enter/change their team? I changed my team last night, clicked submit, and now can find no evidence that anything changed.
    Still having this same problem. I submitted my team, then afterward, clicking on any of the lower buttons (My team, my leagues, etc.) just takes me to the front page of the site. I need to pick a captain and can't, nor can I even see my team. Gaah. I appreciate IAAF trying to reach out to their fans, but they've got to do a better job on the tech end.

Leave a comment:

• IFK_Vaxjo
    replied

Ok, about to join the league now.

Can you transfer athletes how ever you want to in this version? "Only" pick 8 winners every time without limitations?

Leave a comment:

• LopenUupunut
    replied

Just tested by swapping Frydrych with Benjamin Kiplagat and back again; no problems.

Leave a comment:

• trackstar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gabriella
    replied

Mump is now finally in the league!

Predictions are always hard at these early meetings when athletes are opening their seasons. Make a mistake early and it's going to be hard catching up later in the year when athlete's are in a groove and everyone's predicting the same people!

Technical events are especially tough, athletes can crash out so easily in the PV and HJ. Who'd have thought Thorkildsen would finish so low down in Doha? Who had Mohr down to beat Lavillenie? On form, Vlasic and Spiegelberg should win their events but who knows whether we'll see more upsets!

I try so hard to be objective but I just can't help sneaking in a favourite in the hope that they do win!

Leave a comment:

• mump boy
    replied

instead of requesting to join this league i set up my own leage called 17672 ops:

you are all welcome to join :?

Leave a comment:

• LopenUupunut
    replied

Originally posted by bman
    Does anyone know where I can go to find the meet records for Shanghai?
    Wikipedia has a list of Shanghai meeting records. They're missing a number of events, but that might be because the meet has never featured them... not sure (that does seem to be the case with men's steeplechase at least!).

Leave a comment:

• bman
    replied

Does anyone know where I can go to find the meet records for Shanghai?

Leave a comment:

• shivfan
    replied

Originally posted by LopenUupunut
    Originally posted by shivfan
    I picked my team from now, just in case I forgot as the weekend drew near....

I'm assuming we can amend our team if provisional lists change, before the meet starts, of course.
    You should probably amend your team anyhow, unless you had a very good reason to pick four athletes who've never been on a 2011 Shanghai startlist.
    :lol:
    I got carried away, and ended up looking at the wrong list....
    ops:
    Corrections made, but I'll probably revisit them on Saturday, if I remember.

Leave a comment:

• LopenUupunut
    replied

Originally posted by shivfan

I'm assuming we can amend our team if provisional lists change, before the meet starts, of course.
    You should probably amend your team anyhow, unless you had a very good reason to pick four athletes who've never been on a 2011 Shanghai startlist.

Leave a comment:

• shivfan
    replied

Originally posted by AS
    Originally posted by LopenUupunut
    Four athletes of each gender, no more than 2 per country, 10 for 1st, 7 for 2nd, 5 for 3rd, 3 for 4rd, 2 for 5th, 1 for other, 0 for no-show, -5 for DQ/DNF, 2x for meeting record, 1.5x on top of that for world record, 2x for captain. Unless IAAF changes the rules this week ;-)
    Where does it state the country limitation?

I can't see it on this page:
    http://iaafworldathleticsclub.org/Fanta ... lcome.aspx

So, am I right in saying we can "keep" an athlete from meet to meet (i.e. have they done away with the rule from previous years where you only got to select them once)?

Interestingly, when I was selecting Jamaicans and Americans, after I picked two of each, I was prevented from picking a third of each. So, yes, it is in effect in a way, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied

It is very confusing. It would be wise to visit the site on Saturday to make whatever changes. I am playing it safe with the assumption that they will not allow to enter the same athlete repeatedly, if though the rules don't state it.

Mump, since the site gives you such a grief, try to re-register under different name and then follow the drill.

Leave a comment:

• LopenUupunut
    replied

AS - the country limitation isn't actually stated anywhere, but it seems to be in force, so... :wink: I think we can select athletes multiple times, yes, but this could turn out to be an unpredictable contest rule-wise.

Our league is currently at 16 members, not including mump, who hasn't applied for membership. We look forward to you working out how to

Everybody - it's now possible to update your team with athletes from Very Provisional Shanghai start lists (http://www.iaaf.org/mm/document/competi ... f24427.pdf). It's a bit confusing because the athletes and events from Doha are also still available!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X