Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fantasy Athletics competitions for 2011

The key to this could be picking the winner of the mTJ. Phillips just jumped 17.59 and the meeting record is 17.60. I almost chose him for that reason but the field was stacked and it was his first meet of the season . Regretting that now.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
      Originally posted by Flumpy
      5/5 so all's well so far
      Idowu 1cm away from meet record. (17.60). He has one more jump, I think.
      LOL. You post was quicker and more concise.

Comment

i have 8 winners but i'm worried as i have allyson as captain but i selected her through the 200m as i didn't look at the order of races

do you just choose an athlete and get whatever points they win or is it race specific, if i only ger points for the 200m i'm *&*£"%
        i deserve extra credit

Comment

I'm worried as well. I have 7/7 so far but do non DL events count? I didn't check to see which were in the DL and if they don't I'm also *&*£"%.

Comment

Oh *&*£"%.

7/8

All going well right up until the last race

Comment

I'm annoyed - I was undecided whether to choose Felix for the 200m (because of the 400m being not long before) but chose her...and she goes and messes up :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy
                i have 8 winners but i'm worried as i have allyson as captain but i selected her through the 200m as i didn't look at the order of races
                I did the same thing and was kicking myself even before either race started :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy
                  do you just choose an athlete and get whatever points they win or is it race specific, if i only ger points for the 200m i'm *&*£"%
                  Good point. i don't even know if I picked her through the 200 or the 400.

Comment

I did the same, but I don't think that matters. In the past, at least, they gave you the better race result of the doublers. I hope, that is still the case.
                    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                      I hope, that is still the case.
                      My bet is no. The format has changed completely. Did anyone try and pick her for both the 200 and the 400?

Comment

It would be an idea to actually write the rules somewhere or have i missed them :?
                        i deserve extra credit

Comment

My guess would be she'll get points for both races. (My hope certainly is that she will, since like mump, I picked her as captain and all my other athletes won.)

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                            Originally posted by Pego
                            I hope, that is still the case.
                            My bet is no. The format has changed completely. Did anyone try and pick her for both the 200 and the 400?

I don't even now which event I picked her in?!?! Never even crossed my mind to think of that factor. :roll: ops:

Comment

Originally posted by Jnathletics
                              I don't even now which event I picked her in?!?! Never even crossed my mind to think of that factor. :roll: ops:
                              I think we're all in the same boat. i have no idea either and there is nothing on my team page to indicate which event I might have chosen.

Comment

So, with no Meet Records. How many will have a perfect 90?

Love to see the organizers' reaction if they didn't think of a tie-breaker or this happening.

I'll be waiting on pins and needles to see if I scored 90 or 83 , because of the Felix issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X