X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flumpy
    replied
    Re: Fantasy Athletics competitions for 2011

Way more season interesting if we could only pick each athlete once season.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied

Originally posted by bruce3404
    Originally posted by jeremyp
    Now it appears that Felix get's points for both events. Question is still open about whether she gets double for captain if you picked 200? Anybody in that position?
    Yes, I had her as captain and in the 200 and she was awarded 26 points. Too bad she didn't win both races and set meet records; I could have used the 80 points!
    Which makes this competition additionally predictable. Guess who's Captain when Bolt, Gay, Felix, VCB double up? They seem to be making this up as they go along. Way more interesting if an athlete is picked for one event only if they double.

Leave a comment:

• mump boy
    replied

Suddenly i like this game

i perfectly understood all the rules all along :P

Leave a comment:

• Flumpy
    replied

Originally posted by LopenUupunut
    Congrats to us, and to Jnathletics for maintaining his overall lead (ahead of Flumpy, who climbed to 2nd!)
    WAHOO!!!

I didn't see that coming :mrgreen:

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied

Same thing here.

Leave a comment:

• bruce3404
    replied

Originally posted by jeremyp
    Now it appears that Felix get's points for both events. Question is still open about whether she gets double for captain if you picked 200? Anybody in that position?
    Yes, I had her as captain and in the 200 and she was awarded 26 points. Too bad she didn't win both races and set meet records; I could have used the 80 points!

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied

Now it appears that Felix get's points for both events. Question is still open about whether she gets double for captain if you picked 200? Anybody in that position? Mishenko's near collision hurt me, but now we know which Jamal showed up this year.

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied

Originally posted by Jnathletics
    But isn't this way more fun? :wink:
    Says the guy with all the points! :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Jnathletics
    replied

Originally posted by donley2
    The lack of clear rules and stupid midnight deadline (euro time) make this game rather frustrating. I had finally concluded I was probably going to swap out Spotakova (after I finally did some research and realized she had not yet competed this year) and put in Chemos but was unable to. I consider the way doublers are scored fine if it had been documented in some rules but rather silly otherwise.
    But isn't this way more fun? :wink: Having to guess the rules and having them change at any moment brings back those fond memories of childhood playground games. Where rules seemed to change per day by whom had brought the days playing ball. Go play some street basketball and the rules will change per venue or even per day on who brought the ball. :P

Leave a comment:

• donley2
    replied

The lack of clear rules and stupid midnight deadline (euro time) make this game rather frustrating. I had finally concluded I was probably going to swap out Spotakova (after I finally did some research and realized she had not yet competed this year) and put in Chemos but was unable to. I consider the way doublers are scored fine if it had been documented in some rules but rather silly otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• LopenUupunut
    replied

I was right, apparently - doublers get points for both events. This means 3 teams in our league had the perfect score of 96 (though they don't appear to have official separate Rome results out yet...)

JOAQUÍN CARMONA
    mump boy
    myself

Congrats to us, and to Jnathletics for maintaining his overall lead (ahead of Flumpy, who climbed to 2nd!)

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

Originally posted by Flumpy
    Oh *&*£"%.

7/8

All going well right up until the last race
    I got 7/8 too. Went out on a limb and chose the youngster David Mutua in the 800m. When he made that move with 300m to go, I got excited and a bit scared. Then when he started to fade with 120m to go, I just got annoyed with him. :evil:

Leave a comment:

• LopenUupunut
    replied

So, with no Meet Records. How many will have a perfect 90?

Love to see the organizers' reaction if they didn't think of a tie-breaker or this happening.
    I'm hoping the perfect is higher than that

In previous years they've generally just picked someone at random; the way things are going this year, they might well do nothing and let all the people with perfect scores assume that one of the other guys was picked at random. :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Jnathletics
    replied

So, with no Meet Records. How many will have a perfect 90?

Love to see the organizers' reaction if they didn't think of a tie-breaker or this happening.

I'll be waiting on pins and needles to see if I scored 90 or 83 , because of the Felix issue.

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied

I don't even now which event I picked her in?!?! Never even crossed my mind to think of that factor. :roll: ops:
    I think we're all in the same boat. i have no idea either and there is nothing on my team page to indicate which event I might have chosen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X