X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fantasy Athletics competitions for 2011

Originally posted by AS
    Originally posted by LopenUupunut
    Four athletes of each gender, no more than 2 per country, 10 for 1st, 7 for 2nd, 5 for 3rd, 3 for 4rd, 2 for 5th, 1 for other, 0 for no-show, -5 for DQ/DNF, 2x for meeting record, 1.5x on top of that for world record, 2x for captain. Unless IAAF changes the rules this week ;-)
    Where does it state the country limitation?

I can't see it on this page:
    http://iaafworldathleticsclub.org/Fanta ... lcome.aspx

So, am I right in saying we can "keep" an athlete from meet to meet (i.e. have they done away with the rule from previous years where you only got to select them once)?
    I picked my team from now, just in case I forgot as the weekend drew near....

I'm assuming we can amend our team if provisional lists change, before the meet starts, of course.

Interestingly, when I was selecting Jamaicans and Americans, after I picked two of each, I was prevented from picking a third of each. So, yes, it is in effect in a way, I guess.
    My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

Originally posted by shivfan

I'm assuming we can amend our team if provisional lists change, before the meet starts, of course.
      You should probably amend your team anyhow, unless you had a very good reason to pick four athletes who've never been on a 2011 Shanghai startlist.

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut
        Originally posted by shivfan

You should probably amend your team anyhow, unless you had a very good reason to pick four athletes who've never been on a 2011 Shanghai startlist.
        :lol:
        I got carried away, and ended up looking at the wrong list....
        ops:
        Corrections made, but I'll probably revisit them on Saturday, if I remember.
        My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

Does anyone know where I can go to find the meet records for Shanghai?

Comment

Originally posted by bman
            Does anyone know where I can go to find the meet records for Shanghai?
            Wikipedia has a list of Shanghai meeting records. They're missing a number of events, but that might be because the meet has never featured them... not sure (that does seem to be the case with men's steeplechase at least!).

Comment

instead of requesting to join this league i set up my own leage called 17672 ops:

you are all welcome to join :?
              i deserve extra credit

Comment

Mump is now finally in the league!

Predictions are always hard at these early meetings when athletes are opening their seasons. Make a mistake early and it's going to be hard catching up later in the year when athlete's are in a groove and everyone's predicting the same people!

Technical events are especially tough, athletes can crash out so easily in the PV and HJ. Who'd have thought Thorkildsen would finish so low down in Doha? Who had Mohr down to beat Lavillenie? On form, Vlasic and Spiegelberg should win their events but who knows whether we'll see more upsets!

I try so hard to be objective but I just can't help sneaking in a favourite in the hope that they do win!

Comment

Is anyone else finding it impossible to enter/change their team? I changed my team last night, clicked submit, and now can find no evidence that anything changed.
                  "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Just tested by swapping Frydrych with Benjamin Kiplagat and back again; no problems.

Comment

Ok, about to join the league now.

Can you transfer athletes how ever you want to in this version? "Only" pick 8 winners every time without limitations?

Comment

Originally posted by trackstar
                        Is anyone else finding it impossible to enter/change their team? I changed my team last night, clicked submit, and now can find no evidence that anything changed.
                        Still having this same problem. I submitted my team, then afterward, clicking on any of the lower buttons (My team, my leagues, etc.) just takes me to the front page of the site. I need to pick a captain and can't, nor can I even see my team. Gaah. I appreciate IAAF trying to reach out to their fans, but they've got to do a better job on the tech end.

Comment

Still having this same problem. I submitted my team, then afterward, clicking on any of the lower buttons (My team, my leagues, etc.) just takes me to the front page of the site. I need to pick a captain and can't, nor can I even see my team. Gaah. I appreciate IAAF trying to reach out to their fans, but they've got to do a better job on the tech end.
                          Hmm, apparently it was a browser problem. I switched from Firefox to Safari and it works now.

Comment

By the way, if y'all are wondering if anyone at IAAF is paying attention to this thread, I think the answer is yes: I notice one of our league members is Chris Butler, who I presume is the same Chris Butler employed with IAAF who helped us out with the game two years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by IFK_Vaxjo
                              Ok, about to join the league now.

Can you transfer athletes how ever you want to in this version? "Only" pick 8 winners every time without limitations?
                              The posted rules are silent on the subject. I picked the team to my best knowledge and we'll just see next week what happens :wink: .

To trackstar. Lee, you are absolutely right. It is the same Chris Butler from (I believe) two years ago. Talk to us, Chris !
                              "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

By the way, if y'all are wondering if anyone at IAAF is paying attention to this thread, I think the answer is yes: I notice one of our league members is Chris Butler, who I presume is the same Chris Butler employed with IAAF who helped us out with the game two years ago.
                                Hi Guys, yes same Chris, but no - I am no longer working with the IAAF. Back in Oz. I don't really want to use this account as the name is misleading, but I can't seem to register an account for the last few days. Have just been reading the message boards without being logging in.

I left after Berlin - hence no fantasy game for 2009. I am not involved in the 2011 game, although still in contact with friends at the IAAF so keeping an eye on it - and have offered to lend a hand with the Daegu version (which will almost certainly be the same format as Osaka and Berlin as it seemed to work well ...apparent from a few technical glitches).

There is a new team helping with the technical aspects of the game this time so give them a bit to get up to scratch. I think it was rushed in time for the diamond league but hopefully it goes well and Daegu should be fine. Looks ok to me anyway and is a simple concept. I have had no troubles entering a team.

So I am not involved other than just a fan of athletics. But will keep an eye on the boards and let the organisers know of any major dramas. Hope you have fun and finish lower on the leaderboards than me!

Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X