replied
    Re: Fantasy Athletics competitions for 2011

I'm still in the bottom quarter....
    :cry:

Leave a comment:

• shivfan
    replied

I made some bad choices in the last one....I mean, Jeremy Warriner, what happened to you?
    :?
    I'm stuck in the bottom quarter now.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied

Originally posted by Flumpy
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

WTF???

I though I was going down but I'm now 14 points ahead!!!

I'm worried now. I feel like Vanderlei de Lima and am fully expecting a barking mad Irish priest to come and nobble me at any moment. :x
    I'm biding my time, laddie. :twisted:

Leave a comment:

• Flumpy
    replied

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

WTF???

I though I was going down but I'm now 14 points ahead!!!

I'm worried now. I feel like Vanderlei de Lima and am fully expecting a barking mad Irish priest to come and nobble me at any moment. :x

Leave a comment:

• shivfan
    replied

I'm still stuck in the bottom half....

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied

I misread the schedule and thought there was a womens discus Also got no points for Liu, but I thought he got a second?

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied

Transfers for Bislett are open. Looking at the calendar, there will be an extremely tight window between Bislett and NY, about 48 hours, especially considering how tardy the website has been.

Leave a comment:

• John G
    replied

Originally posted by Jon
    I'm starting to develop a completely irrational hatred of some athletes simply because they underperform when I've selected them for this game. Is that wrong? :? :P

Yes, that is ridiculous. I personally would never overreact in such a way. OK, I may have said that Saldinho deserved some form of ritual public humiliation for letting me down so badly on Saturday night, but I have a far more sanguine attitude now (wallowing in mid table anonymity due to a so-called professional athlete's complete inability to get right the basic requirement of his event). And don't get me started on Alison Felix (who never have switched from Adidas to The Curse of Nike).

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

I had a shocker in Eugene - Dibaba 0, Ukhov 1, Felix 5. I made Kipsiele-Koech my captain (thinking that the 3000SC MR was there for the taking), but he didn't even win let alone set a MR. I only got two winners (Dix and Harting).

I'm starting to develop a completely irrational hatred of some athletes simply because they underperform when I've selected them for this game. Is that wrong? :? :P

Leave a comment:

• mump boy
    replied

I'm up to 13th, i'm beginning to like this game more and more

Leave a comment:

• shivfan
    replied

I'm slowly moving up to mid-table....
    8-)

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied

Still not open for transfers. Hope they're not serious with that 6/4 date. If they are the site will go down.

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

WAHOO!!!
    Originally posted by mump boy
    Suddenly i like this game
    I still agree with what Flumpy said a few days ago though:
    Skill isn't going to come into it this week, it's going to won by pure luck.
    :lol: :wink:

Leave a comment:

• mump boy
    replied

Originally posted by trackstar
    Way more season interesting if we could only pick each athlete once season.
    If they really wanted to make it interesting, they'd set up a true fantasy sports game instead of a "pick 'em" game. Pick a team before the season starts, and then be forced to stick with those athletes all season.

What they really should do is set up something comparable to football and baseball fantasy sites: Allow us to create a league, have the participants engage in a draft, and then have the software chart the results for us.
    i played one of them last year, it doesn't work. eg Bolt, Isi, Kenny all barely competed all year and you ended up winning with having people who competed a lot rather than competed well

By the end of the season most people had given up as there was nothing you could do to change the inevitable.

I like the idea of this IAAF game but the implementation is woeful

Leave a comment:

• trackstar
    replied

Way more season interesting if we could only pick each athlete once season.
    If they really wanted to make it interesting, they'd set up a true fantasy sports game instead of a "pick 'em" game. Pick a team before the season starts, and then be forced to stick with those athletes all season.

What they really should do is set up something comparable to football and baseball fantasy sites: Allow us to create a league, have the participants engage in a draft, and then have the software chart the results for us.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X