Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Didn't They Have A Newman Day When I Was In School?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Didn't They Have A Newman Day When I Was In School?

http://my.aol.com/news/news_story.psp?t ... 0001196987

"mmmm, beer"
    --Homer Simpson

Re: Why Didn't They Have A Newman Day When I Was In School?

anything anybody says about this is politically incorrect, but IMHO opinion a beer an hour for 24 hours is easily doable... but I'm too old to try.

When I was about 21 I was challenged to do one shot of beer a minute for 60 minutes .... sounded easy. It was not, at about 48 minutes I became a tad nauseous if you catch my drift. Defeat.

Comment

Isn't Newman the fat guy on Seinfeld?

Comment

How big is one shot? Even if it's 1.5oz, that's only 90oz, or less than 8 beers.

Comment

>How big is one shot? Even if it's 1.5oz, that's only 90oz, or less than 8
          >beers.

Looking forward to your full report although I do think that a shot glass holds 1.75 ounces. A shot size is another
          matter obviously-depends on who is pouring.

Comment

I know, it sounded easy to me too at the time.... I worked the math beforehand. Used a bar shot glass. It's all the air and swallowing every 60 seconds that became the undoing, not the volume of liquid/alcohol. Now this is all on 40 years' memory......

Comment

My college had beer drinking competitions that blow this one, plus the beer mile, out of the water (we are English, after all). However, if I don't get these budgets finished by tomorrow I'll get fired! So, you'll have to wait...

Comment

plus the beer
                >mile,

http://www.beermile.com/

...and particularly note:

http://www.beermile.com/records.beer?ref=uk

Comment

Aw, come on Garry, you went to Wazu. Everyday was Newman day in Pullman (or Moscow).

Comment

Possibly the most charming beer contest I know of is one a friend used to run at the Munich beer festival. It involved Australasian ladies only and the winner was the first to drink 100 measures of a 35mm film container - very small containers, but 100 measures took their toll. The only rule was that no competitior was allowed to leave the table before finishing the 100 measures.

Comment

I cannot think of many things more offensive then to take two perfectly good things, beer and running, and ruin them both by combining them.

Comment

all of you people talking about how tough the "power hour" is are sallies. try the century club. same concept, but 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes ... and you can't leave your seat (no going to the bathroom). i think it came out to about 13 beers in 1 hour, 40 minutes. early on, it seems like you are waiting forever to take another shot. after about 45 minutes to an hour, it seems like you don't get nearly enough recovery between reps.

now that is a feat.

Comment

Working...
                        X