Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What About Marion?

Who else was at Mt.Sac? How bad did she really look? Did her form fall apart completely and did she start flailing around(we've seen that before)? Did she just look like her turn-over rate was slow? Did run any part of the race well? Did she appear to compete or was she just running a work out? What really happened?

Comment

I was there. She ran a reasonable bend and had what looked like a 2m. lead coming into the straight. Then she folded. I was about 20m. from the finish and she was knackered in the last 50m, had zero gas in the tank. Didn't notice any flailing around but her face was really straining. She absolutely was running a serious race and looked very disappointed at the finish, kind of shell-shocked. I think she'll be competitive in the 100m and LJ but have serious doubts that she has time to make it in the 200m.

Comment

"It's totally irrelevant how Marion looks now."

Except that she doesn't look anything like she usually does at this meet, 49.59 going into the last Olympic season at Mt SAC vs a windy, badly-fading 23.02 this time. She probably went THROUGH 200 in around 23.02 in some of those season-opening 400s at other versions of this meet. There is only so much time before Athens, let's hope GH is right and she pulls it together.

Comment

Comment

come athens, its going to be miller (inger) time.

Comment

I'd love to see Inger be at top level again like her 10.79 and sub 22.00 of years ago...but, even tho she will do well, I doubt she will reach that previous level this year.

Comment

Of course it is important what Marion looks like in mid-April. It says a lot about her training, her fitness, and her readiness for the Trials in July (which are only about ten weeks away). A lot can happen between April and July and let's hope it does for Marion.

Comment

Working...
                X