Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: High Jump

Is Andra really going to pop a big one? I've seen him jump a couple of times and he has just looked like another national class jumper to me. Very lackdaisical looking, smooth, but not much speed or pop... am I wrong or did I observe on a bad day?

Comment

That's interesting that you would say that about Manson because after seeing him jump, I thought the same thing. He has a lot of potential (in fact tons), but I really wonder whether or not his heart is in it. He doesn't push himself all that often and if you're not totally driven you can't do that well against people who may be less talented, but driven. However, he is competing today at the Penn Relays so we'll see what happens.
      If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

>The best US jumper is clearly Nieto. He can medal.

He's launched an official site:

http://www.jamienieto.com

(Mark - Shhhh!!!) :-P

Comment

(Mark - Shhhh!!!) :-P

With your recent record he's doomed then!

Comment

>With your recent record he's doomed then!

Stop! I'll get a bad reputation and then no-one will want me to do a site for them!!

Comment

Well, some changes since the April posting. Holm still looks good for gold, but Freitag got off his death bed and has jumped fairly well.

On the women's side, Cloete has also come back from injury, but, alas, Bervquist is probably done for the year. Vlasic is progressing, and the jumpers from the former SU, Russians, Ukranians and Byelorussians, oh my. I think the women's HJ will be among the most competitive events at Athinai and the winning height may well be pretty high. (2.05ish).

Comment

Holm and Slesarenko

Comment

Diego, good picks!

Comment

Re: High Jump - memo to "marknhj"

Marknhj: FYI, you can credit yourself with 2.25m, as long as the bar was measured prior to the jump. Any measurement taken subsequent to the jump is really irrelevant. Both the NCAA and HS rule books state that the measurement of the height of the crossbar shall be taken BEFORE each record attempt. So cross-off that 2.2475 bs and give yourself 2.25 (7-4 1/2).

Comment

Working...
                    X