2 Myers, Rob Ohio State 3:41.13
    3 Woolhouse, Jason Oklahoma State 3:44.42
    4 Ruff, Rondell Michigan 3:45.35
    5 Weeden, Ray U-Ohio State 3:45.55

Comment

Re: PAUL MCMULLEN QUIETLY MOVING TOWARDS OLYMPIC TRIALS

Die Walküre

http://www.uvm.edu/~chmartin/TheRideOfTheValkyries.mp3

Note: wait for a minute and let the mp3 load.

Comment

>Die Walküre
        Excellent! I can imagine a slow motion video of McMullen running, dressed up in Wagnerian opera garb. (I cranked up the volume on this and my dog is still howling!)

Comment

Faster than Lassiter did yesterday.
          why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

well, its early yet,paul has two months to go,so i can easily see him run 3:33 by july.
            mcmullen also has 1:45 speed,maybee faster in 800.
            only time will tell.

his 3:40 was run in cold,wind not good conditions.

Comment

>Die Walküre

malmo, I'm surprised. I always thought you and umlauts didn't get along.

Track & Field News Weekly Roundup

Top homepage posts for the week ending 05/29/2019:

Excerpts:

NCAA Women’s Formchart #5 — USC By 1 Over Arkansas

THE EBB & FLOW of the battle for the NCAA women’s team title this year has been fascinating. Chart 1:... Read More

The post NCAA Women’s Formchart #5 — USC By 1 Over Arkansas appeared first on Track & Field News.

Read on »

2019 NCAA Men’s Formchart #5 — Texas Tech Takes Over

IN OUR FIRST chart of the year, Florida was an 8-point favorite over SEC rival LSU for the team title.... Read More

The post 2019 NCAA Men’s Formchart #5 — Texas Tech Takes Over appeared first on Track & Field News.

Read on »

Götzis Multis: World Leaders For Warner & KJT

GÖTZIS, AUSTRIA, May 25-26—Damian Warner made history by becoming only the third athlete to win 5 times at Götzis, while... Read More

The post Götzis Multis: World Leaders For Warner & KJT appeared first on Track & Field News.

Read on »

NAIA Champs — 2 Team Titles To Canadian Team

GULF SHORES, Alabama, May 23-25—The University of British Columbia (UBC) only won 3 events—the 5000, walk and hammer—on the men’s... Read More

The post NAIA Champs — 2 Team Titles To Canadian Team appeared first on Track & Field News.

Read on »

Kenny Bednarek Planning On 200/400 Double At USATF

“I’M STILL IN THE WHIRLWIND,” says Kenny Bednarek. Ever since the Indian Hills frosh led off his mind-boggling 19.82/44.73 double... Read More

The post Kenny Bednarek Planning On 200/400 Double At USATF appeared first on Track & Field News.

Read on »

RIP — Roberto Luigi Quercetani, Statman/Historian Nonpareil

MAY 13 brought the sad news of the passing of one of the sport’s truly larger-than-life figures, T&FN’s longtime European... Read More

The post RIP — Roberto Luigi Quercetani, Statman/Historian Nonpareil appeared first on Track & Field News.

Read on »

Comment

McMullen is a hold over from the last generation of competitive US milers. He bridges the generation of US milers from Steve Holman to Alan Webb. Only McMullen and Pyrah are left from the last generation of US milers. I thought Pyrah making the Olympic finals in 2000 was the swan song of that generation of US milers. Apparently, McMullen is determined to show the new generation he is still ready to compete.

Comment

>SIEG SEZ: malmo, I'm surprised. I always thought you and umlauts didn't get along.

Umlauts are German. The Swedes don't have a name for those diacritical "two funny dots".

"malmo" (always lowercase) is 'Murican.

Comment

Since the Swedes don't have a name for the dots and his last name is Lindstrom he can probably call them umlauts if he wants, that's easier than two funny dots with no name.

Comment

I'll be gad dern! Why duddunt I done thunk of dat? Sheeeeeet. Why duddunt he jest callz um cedillas? Nobuddy a notice cept wun uh dem dere city slickers. After all, heez uh fried bread eatin Swedish feller ain't he?

Comment

>>McMullen and Pyrah are left from the last generation of US milers.

Don:t forget Sorensen, who is mentioned in this thread. Three weeks of training (after missing 12-consecutive) have produced: 3.52-3.49-1.51 times...laugh if you want -- they are not spectacular times. However, with 18 days of running, he is definitely on track to make it back to USATF. He ran 3.42,6 as a 36-year-old last summer in winning one of the CanAm meetings. Ran 2nd at the 1996 OT behind McMullen, and has 3.38,65-1.47,24 PRs.

Comment

>Since the Swedes don't have a name for the dots and his last name is Lindstrom
                          >he can probably call them umlauts if he wants, that's easier than two funny
                          >dots with no name.

Swedish translation: omljud

Comment

EPELLE SEZ: Swedish translation: omljud

However, the "funny dots" themselves aren't omljud, correct?

http://www.websters-dictionary-online.o ... mlaut.html

"In Finnish and North Germanic languages (i.e., Danish, Icelandic, Norwegian and Swedish) characters (ü, ä, ö, and å) looking similar to German umlauts are in fact considered letters in their own right, despite their representing sounds similar to the corresponding sounds in German. As it is not a case of marking grammatical variation, i.e., of tempus or modus, nor of syllable modification, it is in fact neither a case of umlaut nor of diacritical marking. Hence it ought to be improper to call these characters umlauts; however, there is no more precise descriptor in English."

Comment

Översättning av: umlaut

Engelskt uppslagsord: umlaut

Svensk översättning: omljud; tecken för omljud {språkvetenskapligt (substantiv).

Comment

Since we're speaking English, a more precise descriptor, I would suggest, is "diaeresis," even though that's a purely diacritical term for the 2-dot phenomenon as we use it to break syllables. (And the French would say "trema")

Comment

Working...
                                X