Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Richardson 13.76 42" 110H

Texas high schooler Jason Richardson ran 13.76 for the 110H (42-inches) at North Texas (Denton) on April 22. The listed national prep record is 13.5h by Renaldo Nehemiah -- what say ye arbiters of all that is good and right in statdom about Richardson's mark and its record status?

Oh, he also ran 51.55 in the 400H...

Re: Jason Richardson 13.76 42

13,5h = 13,74 FAT. Richardson would still be 0,02 behind the converted hand-time.

Comment

Either way, this kid is a stud! Along with Bolt, Richardson is a bright spot in the future of track and field. Let's hope he stays healthy and motivated.

Comment

The .24 conversion, most assuredly, does NOT apply to a HS meet's accuracy. Unless it was run at a state meet (don't have my books here), it could have been anywhere from 13.74 to 13.90, easily. It should be listed along side the hand record as the FAT (i.e., preferred) record.

Comment

edit: delete repeat - damn, this thing is slow today.

Comment

>Either way, this kid is a stud! Along with Bolt, Richardson is a bright spot in the future of track and field. Let's hope he stays healthy and motivated.<

I agree that he's a stud, but I don't think it's right to compare him to Bolt. Bolt is world class now. Richardson, like most talented athletes of his age, still has quite a way to go.

Comment

2 athletes had "future superstar" written all over them, watching the IAAF World Youth Champs last year. One was Bolt, the other Richardson. He's either the next Nehemiah or Moses, or maybe more, either way I think he could spoil the Chinese party in Beijing.

Comment

>The .24 conversion, most assuredly, does NOT apply to a HS meet's accuracy.
                >Unless it was run at a state meet (don't have my books here), it could have
                >been anywhere from 13.74 to 13.90, easily. It should be listed along side the
                >hand record as the FAT (i.e., preferred) record.>>

While I agree that the hand-timed marks should no longer be given any record status, note two things about the Nehemiah 13.5:
                •it was made in the US-USSR Junior international, not a HS meet, so I would expect the timers were of pretty good quality.
                •it was made in an era when hand timing was the norm so (usually) you didn't get the wild inaccuracies you see today; 0.24 is a pretty reliable figure for that era in this country.

Comment

>2 athletes had "future superstar" written all over them, watching the IAAF World Youth Champs last year. One was Bolt, the other Richardson. He's either the next Nehemiah or Moses, or maybe more, either way I think he could spoil the Chinese party in Beijing.<

Yes, he could. But Bolt could spoil the American party in Athens AND Beijing.

Comment

Working...
                  X