Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jr Nationals moved

USATF Jr Nationals has been moved to Texas A&M on the same weekend as previously scheduled. All the distance athletes better have their qualifiers before the meet, becuase they'll never hit a standard in Texas in June.

Re: Jr Nationals moved

Michael, I'll take that bet. The WJC standards are easily achievable in 80-degree weather -- that is the norm for evenings in late June in College Station.

Comment

Last June 26

Buffalo: high of 87, low of 66
      College Station: high of 92, low of 70

Translation: I don't wanna be running distance races either place.

Comment

>Last June 26 Buffalo: high of 87, low of 66 College Station: high of 92, low of 70
        Translation: I don't wanna be running distance races either place.<<

And there's someplace you DO wanna run distance races?

Comment

You've also got a significant humidity factor to think about. Buffalo summers are nowhere near the humidity of College Station. Looking at last year's weather on the 26th shows a much cooler evening in Buffalo because of a lack of humidity. Another instance of the distance athletes' safety and performance not being taken into account when money is an issue.

Comment

> Another instance of the distance athletes' safety and performance
            not being taken into account when money is an issue.>

That reads as if A&M somehow was able to "buy" the nationals away from Buffalo. ??????

Comment

I think its more to the effect of Buffalo not meeting some payment deadlines on the rights fees and other assorted obligations to USATF.

Comment

Working...
              X