Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wrong time listing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • wrong time listing

    Everybody in New Jersey is saying that Kingsbery ran 4:21.67 at Arcadia. eTN states 4:11.67. Please clarify!!
    Not Knowing in Jersey

  • #2
    Re: wrong time listing

    If you check the Arcadia results on dyestat you'll see that they changed the results and removed Kingberry's name/erroneous time. It was orginally posted as 4:11, which would have been quite a feat since he's never run near that.
    Joe Lanzalotto

    Comment


    • #3
      bump! Why? Just cuz every few months I get a wild hair and for nostalgia's sake bounce the thread that has lay dormant the longest. :-)

      Comment


      • #4
        Slow day in Mountain View, eh?

        Comment


        • #5
          No quite the opposite. Which is why one needs diversions from the drudgery!

          Comment


          • #6
            So what was the very first post? I remember posting that first day, feeling like I had already missed the boat, cuz there were already lots of threads going! :shock: Little did I know . . . :roll:

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Marlow
              So what was the very first post? I remember posting that first day, feeling like I had already missed the boat, cuz there were already lots of threads going! :shock: Little did I know . . . :roll:
              This thread starts with the 69th post to the forum. Not sure if there are any earlier.

              http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... hp?p=69#69

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Daisy
                This thread starts with the 69th post to the forum. Not sure if there are any earlier.
                In what alternate universe does that statement even make sense??!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Marlow
                  Originally posted by Daisy
                  This thread starts with the 69th post to the forum. Not sure if there are any earlier.
                  In what alternate universe does that statement even make sense??!!
                  A universe where posts can be deleted by us and the moderators.

                  See a relevant thread on the origins of this message board.

                  http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... highlight=

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    So did you enter 69 different post URLs to come up with this one??

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bad hammy
                      So did you enter 69 different post URLs to come up with this one??
                      I guessed Bob H would be one of the original contributors and clicked on his first post (i tried gh first, but I think the huge number of his posts does not allow access to his first post). Then I happened to scroll down the Paula in Athens thread where comments from MJD confirmed that it is the oldest surviving thread (#17).

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by tandfman
                        Slow day in Mountain View, eh?
                        Originally posted by gh
                        No quite the opposite. Which is why one needs diversions from the drudgery!
                        I use FreeCell for that. I think that's what it's there for.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The post time of that thread is

                          Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:27 am

                          and I really, really think I remember posts from earlier in the day. I also realize that I actually have many more posts than the counter shows ( :shock: ), because many of us used to log in as different people for every thread (pre-reg days) depending on the best allusion we could come up with for the discussion.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Marlow
                            The post time of that thread is
                            Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:27 am
                            and I really, really think I remember posts from earlier in the day.
                            It's the 17th thread. That means there were 16 threads initiated prior to it. Obviously they account for the activity you remember. Probably gh felt the need to delete them as they descended into the abyss.

                            I expect a few were test threads too.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X