Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has A and B qualifiers for US?

Last update: August 7 (Rome and Young get A in mDT, Smock got B in wTJ. From the update from the 6th: Rhines gets A in w5000, Dibuono mHT B, and some clean up)

I've been updating this as things have been going on. Here is how I see the A and B qualifiers from the US at this time. Unless TFN updates things, I will try to edit this as the season progresses.

Notes:
    1) If the top three are either AAA or some combination of AAB, I do not list any further.
    2) If one of the top three may skip the WC in that event, I include a number 4.
    3) I try to list the status of the top 4, and any other A qualifiers.
    4) I also list the defending champ who will have a bye into the WC.

Men:
    100: AAA (Dix, Gatlin, Rodgers)
    200: AAA (Dix, Patton, Dodson)
    400: AAAA (McQuay, Wariner (injured), Nixon, Torrence, Merritt (defending champ))
    800: AAA (Symmonds, Robinson, Jock)
    1500: AAAA (Centrowitz A, Lagat A (bypassing 1500 in Daegu), Manzano A, Wheating A)
    5000: AAA (Lagat, Solinsky, Rupp)
    10000: AAB (Rupp A, Teg A, Bauhs B)
    3000SC: ABBBA (Nelson A, Huling B, Alcorn B, McAdams B, Bruce A) 8:23.10
    110H: AAA (Oliver, Merritt, Richardson)
    400H: AAA (Anderson, Jackson, Taylor, Clement (defending champ))
    HJ: AAA (Williams A, Jonas A, Kynard A)
    PV: AA-B (Miles A, Scott A, Mossberg none, Hollis B) 5.72, 5.60
    LJ: BA--,A (Goodwin B, Claye A, Hicks none, Taylor none, Phillips (defending champ), Quinley (7th) A?) 8.20, 8.10
    TJ: AAB (Taylor A, Claye A, Davis B)
    SP: AAAA (Nelson, Cantwell (defending champ), Hoffa, Whiting)
    DT: AABAA (Rome A, Young A, Brooks B, Winger A, Waltz A) 65.00
    HT: ABBB (Johnson A, Mai B, Dibuono B, Kruger B) 78.00
    JT: BB-- (Hazle B, Furey B, Hostetler none, Young none) 82.00
    Dec: AB-...A (Eaton A, Harlan B, Moss none, Helwick none, Clay (dnf) A, Arnold (dnf) A, Hardee (defending champ)) 8200
    20K RW: BB-- (Barron B, Nunn B, Stroupe none, Seaman none) 1:22:30

Women:
    100: AAA (Jeter, Myers, Barber)
    200: AAAA (Solomon, Jeter, Tarmoh, Knight, Felix (defending champ))
    400: AAAA (Felix, McCorory, Dunn, Beard, Richards-Ross (defending champ))
    800: AAA (Montano, Vessey, Schmidt)
    1500: AAB (Uceny A, Simpson A, Rowbury B)
    5000: ABBA (Huddle A, Hastings B, Bizzari B, Rhines A) 15:14.00
    10000: AAA (Flanagan, Goucher, Rhines)
    3000SC: AAA (Coburn, Franek, DiCrescenzo)
    100H: AAA (Wells, Carruthers, Harper)
    400H: AAA (Demus, Harrison, Chaney)
    HJ: A-B- (Barrett A, Patterson none, McPherson B, Mullen none) 1.95, 1.92
    PV: AAA (Hutson, Suhr, Janson)
    LJ: AAAB (Reese A (defending champ), DeLoach A, Jimoh A, Polk B)
    TJ: B--- (Smock B, Manning none, Smith none, Gordon none) 14.30, 14.10
    SP: AAB (Carter A, Camarena-Williams A, Stevens-Walker B)
    DT: AAB (Brown-Trafton A, Thurmond A, Lewis-Smallwood B)
    HT: AA-B (Cosby A, Campbell A, Godsey none, McCall B) 71.50, 69.00
    JT: AB-- (Patterson A, Yurkovich B, DeShasier none, Allgood none) 61.00, 59.00
    Hep: BBBB-A(Day B, Krais B, McMillan B, Wade B, Fountain (6) A) 6150
    20K RW: BBB- (Michta B, Vaill B, Forgues B, Melville none) 1:33:30

Re: Who has A and B qualifiers for US?

Thank you, super job on this

Comment

The IAAF site states the following regarding qualification to Deagu:
      Performances must be achieved during competitions organised or authorised by the IAAF, its Area Associations or its Member federation. Thus, results achieved at university or school competition must be certified by the Member Federation of the country in which the competition was organised.

Is this an issue or do all university competitions in the states have the required certification?

Comment

Originally posted by olorin
        The IAAF site states the following regarding qualification to Deagu:
        Performances must be achieved during competitions organised or authorised by the IAAF, its Area Associations or its Member federation. Thus, results achieved at university or school competition must be certified by the Member Federation of the country in which the competition was organised.

Is this an issue or do all university competitions in the states have the required certification?
        A collegiate meet would have to have something bizarre occurring for USATF not to certify a given mark. Note that "results achieved at university or school competition must be certified by the Member Federation of the country" can refer simply to the one mark achieved, and doesn't have to refer to the entire meet.

So, the answer to your question is, essentially, "no" as to whether this is an issue. But it gives IAAF and USATF the latitude to deny a mark set under odd circumstances, such as faulty starting, malfunctioning wind gauges or timing apparatus, lack of a curb of potentially mismeasured track or field distances, etc.

Comment

In re: Men's LJ, it would appear that winner Goodwin's 8.33 gives him an A.

Comment

Originally posted by drbop
            In re: Men's LJ, it would appear that winner Goodwin's 8.33 gives him an A.
            It was wind-aided
            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Hep: B-BB-A(Day B, Krais none, McMillan B, Wade B, Fountain (6) A)
              20K RW: BBB- (Michta B, Vaill B, Forgues B, Melville none)[/quote]

Krais has a B (6030)

Comment

So the nest question is - who is most likely to chase successfully. These guys can, but does Lagat want to?

1500: Lagat, Manzano, Wheating

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                  So the nest question is - who is most likely to chase successfully. These guys can, but does Lagat want to?

Pointless for Lagat to "chase" although he might get it anyway. He's said he's not running the 1500 in Daegu, and told Wheating that.

Comment

Originally posted by dj
                    Originally posted by Marlow
                    Pointless for Lagat to "chase" although he might get it anyway. He's said he's not running the 1500 in Daegu, and told Wheating that.
                    I'm one of those guys who actually likes the chase, and I look forward to Manzano and Wheating getting in some fast Euro races and getting the A.

Comment

Thanks for putting together and updating this chart!

Comment

Originally posted by mcgato
                        I've been updating this as things have been going on. Here is how I see the A and B qualifiers from the US at this time.
                        HJ: A-B- (Barrett A, Patterson none, McPherson B, Mullen none, Robinson (t7) A)
                        Just curious. When and where did Ada Robinson get a qualifier?

Comment

Robinson is listed on the IAAF indoor list as having 1.95 at altitude in Colorado Springs on Feb 12.

Comment

Robinson is listed on the IAAF indoor list as having 1.95 at altitude in Colorado Springs on Feb 12.
                            Thanks, I find it odd that tilastopaja lists the mark for that day as 1.86 which would be much more consistent with her other marks. The results on the BYU website do show the 1.95 but there must be some reason tilastopaja changed it to 1.86.

Comment

Originally posted by donley2
                              Thanks, I find it odd that tilastopaja lists the mark for that day as 1.86 which would be much more consistent with her other marks. The results on the BYU website do show the 1.95 but there must be some reason tilastopaja changed it to 1.86.
                              The 1.95 was bogus (perhaps a typo), and was found to have been 1.86. See viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42286&p=685194&hilit=+ada+robi nson#p685194

Comment

Working...
                              X