Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I have too much free time: most popular FIELD event thes

Fern - I know what you mean, but baseball is 50x more slow and there still seems to be a lot of people watching. It's the suspense!

Comment

even though I am an ex HJ'er, and love the HJ dearly, from a perspective of all the fans, the PV is indeed spectacular. So is the HT, but only if you are up close and personal, and the fans in the stands are far, far away from the HT. But that good old PV is tight there, (hopefully) with the runway paralleling the stands. And the women's PV is new/exciting to boot. Double your pleasure, double your fun... now 2 PV's not one ! Great show biz and great for the women and T&F in general. But I too get tired of the interminable waiting. Bad enough in the HJ, LJ and 3J, but much worse and longer in the PV. Putting in time limits has helped however.

Comment

My favorite is the men's TJ. I think it's spectacular to see the great athletes; a perfect combination of speed, balance, power and grace. Most of us have probably done bounding drills and know how tough it is. It's TV coverage is one of my bete noirs; they nearly always show head on shots where every jump looks the same. Isn't it possible to cover it from the side to show exactly how far the guys are jumping? Also, one of my biggest disappointments is that I've never seen Edward's WR.

Comment

>Most popular event has always been--and probably always will be--the pole
          >vault.

I have to note that Big D had the indoor arenas pretty full for a four-year span in the mid-seventies. His personality--cheer for him or against him--had interest in the High Jump equalling the efforts of Ripley, Bell, Tully, etc.

Comment

Working...
          X