Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early 2011 steppers-up (long post warning)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Early 2011 steppers-up (long post warning)

Originally posted by Powell
    Originally posted by LopenUupunut
    mPV - Wojciechowski

Just to keep Powell happy, even though he's been unable to duplicate his 586 indoor form.
    Wojciechowski is a ? at the moment. But remember, this indoor season he started out with a few competitions at around 5.40 before setting that NR. I'm still hoping he has a similar breakthrough outdoors - the Euro U23 would be a good time to do it.
    And so he did. Good win at the Euro U23, and a new outdoor PB of 5.70. Not quite the A standard, but he will almost certainly be selected for Daegu on the strength of this performance.

There's one more Pole who I think deserves to be on that list: Pawe? Fajdek in HT. He set a PB in pouring rain to finish second in the ETC, and recently he improved by over a meter (to 78.13) in Madrid and finished second against a field that included 4 of the top 5 throwers this year.

He's now in the top 10 on the world list, and seeing how miserable the HT is looking nowadays, you never know what might happen - 78-meter throws have won medals in recent years.
    He confirmed in Ostrava that he's becoming a force to be reckoned with. Another PB of 78.54, and a few more throws over 77. He's now training with Czes?aw Cybulski - that's the coach who took Anita W?odarczyk from zero to WR in something like 5 years, and earlier coached Szymon Zió?kowski to Olympic and WCh golds. And it's obviously working well for Fajdek as well.

And I suppose we now have to add Sheryf El-Sheryf to the list.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Yes, El-Sheryf does seem to belong

Santiusti goes below 1:59 at Padua:

1 4I 1 SANTIUSTI Yuneisy 1984 W CUB CUBA (PB) 1:58.91
      2 5I 3 TUTAYEVA Yuliya 1988 W RUS RUSSIA 2:00.00
      3 3I 4 BECKWITH Molly 1987 W USA UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 2:00.07
      4 6I 2 WRIGHT Phoebe 1988 W USA UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 2:00.20
      5 7E 6 JACKSON Emma 1988 W GBR G. BRITAIN & N.IRELAND 2:00.26
      6 6E 5 MOORE Erica 1988 W USA UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 2:01.09
      7 8E 12 MAGISO Fantu 1992 W ETH ETHIOPIA 2:01.53
      8 1I 8 BARRINGER SIMPSON Jenni 1986 W USA UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 2:01.98
      9 3E 21 WURTH-THOMAS Christin 1980 W USA UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 2:02.41
      10 7I 9 HERMANSSON JANUSZEWSKI 1986 W USA UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 2:02.83
      11 1E 11 ROWBURY Shannon 1984 W USA UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 2:06.57
          2I 7 CUSMA Elisa 1981 W ITA ITALY DNF
          8I 10 MACLEAN Leanna 1980 W CAN CANADA DNF

Comment

Arigawi looks to be making her season's debut in Monaco on Friday.
        http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut
          mPV - Wojciechowski

Just to keep Powell happy, even though he's been unable to duplicate his 586 indoor form.
          Wojciechowski is a ? at the moment. But remember, this indoor season he started out with a few competitions at around 5.40 before setting that NR. I'm still hoping he has a similar breakthrough outdoors - the Euro U23 would be a good time to do it.
          And so he did. Good win at the Euro U23, and a new outdoor PB of 5.70. Not quite the A standard, but he will almost certainly be selected for Daegu on the strength of this performance.
          And now 5.81 in Rio de Janeiro. This puts him in joint 3rd place on the world list this season.
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Working...
          X