X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nevetsllim
    replied
    Re: World Military Games, Rio de Janeiro

What sort of involvement do these athletes have with their nation's military? I notice Jadel Gregorio's on the entry-lists and he's spent most of the past few years living in the NE of England!

I wonder how many of the big names will show. I remember looking at the entry-lists for the 2007 event and quite a lot of the major athletes didn't turn up.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    started a topic World Military Games, Rio de Janeiro

World Military Games, Rio de Janeiro

The main T&F program starts today, and it looks like some of the events could be really strong. I haven't looked at all the start lists, but as an example, men's 800 features: world 1500 champion Youssef Saad Kamel, European champion Marcin Lewandowski, Belal Mansoor Ali and Jackson Kivuva (who made the Kenyan team for Daegu). In the men's HJ, there will be two jumpers who've done 2.35 this year: Demyanyuk and Barshim.

I have seen the Polish team list and many of our top athletes are on it. Apart from Lewandowski, Piotr Ma?achowski, ?ukasz Michalski, Pawe? Wojciechowski, Sylwia Ejdys and Bartosz Nowicki will all be competing. Here's a link if you want to see what they look like with their military uniforms on

The only final today is women's steeple with Mercy Njoroge (third fastest in the world this year).

Startlists for today
Working...
X