• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26mi235
    replied
    Re: Bolt no longer favorite for 100m title in Daegu

Originally posted by Trackfan310
    Originally posted by notorious
    Lot of folks are worried. Bolt should too.

http://spikeduppsychedup.com/2011/07/23 ... onaco-win/
    Someone call me when Bolt actually loses a race where he isnt injured
    But that is the problem. When you push so hard, you are often at least a little bit injured. For a while it seemed like Bolt was different from 'humans' in two ways -- able to run superhuman times and not seeming to get injured from those supreme efforts. Now we see that they have taken a bit of a toll. So you get Bolt where he is, not where he might be if he were superhuman (and occasionally he may be superhuman).

Leave a comment:

• shivfan
    replied

Let's not forget, Bolt hasn't actually lost a race this season yet....

Leave a comment:

• Trackfan310
    replied

Originally posted by notorious
    Lot of folks are worried. Bolt should too.

http://spikeduppsychedup.com/2011/07/23 ... onaco-win/
    Someone call me when Bolt actually loses a race where he isnt injured

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied

Originally posted by Marlow
    Originally posted by ATK
    Originally posted by ATK
    what if bolt would have lost to Nesta Carter, would he still be considered the favorite since Carter wont be running, or not considered the favorite, since Carter isn't even running?
    The most prudent answer is: he didn't.
    So if bolt loses the 200 in Stockholm is he still favorite?
    Perhaps not . . . but you've still got that 'if' in there.
    Yea I know. I feel like a lot of credit is given to bolt, because he is Bolt. I think its hard to see him in a vulnerable state so people are going to be so hesitant to take him off the top. If Powell beat him in a race, now, people would still put him as favorite because he is Bolt. I bet if Bolt lost at WC people will still say it doesn't matter, Bolt will be ready by next year. Bolt has put himself in a position where it would take complete tragedy to write him off. That's what I think.
    But as of now, Bolt still can be considered favorite because he has yet to lose a race. he has beaten or is ranked higher than most of the medal contenders for the year. If Powell would have beat him this year, Powell would be the favorite in my eyes. But for now, Bolt will be favorite going into WC.

And im confused as to why people put Blake on such a high pedestal for the WC. Not saying he wont do well, but he has never competed at the biggest stage. How do we know he is not the biggest choke artist out there?

Leave a comment:

• ZELLGADISS
    replied

replying to theme:Bolt is the favourite in 100m?In my opinion yes, but only plus favourite that the other runners.
    Everybody know that Bolt near his better shape, is totally invincible, with times around 9.6
    But yes, this year he can lose.
    In normal conditions Bolt would not be the favourite, Bolt would be THE WINNER, before of the race too, because he is a lot of better that all runners in the world.

But in this moment Bolt is running in "normal" times, and so he looks a little weak, and it can give confidence to some runners.

But he has luck because his main rival, Gay, is injuried , the only one that could run in 9.7 in hard conditions and fighting by a gold medal.
    The most rivals of Bolt can not run sub 9.9 and in Daegu i only see Powell making sub 9.9 and perhaps Blake. Mullings is possible if he is 100%,Dix i have doubts.
    Lemaitre,Gatlin,Rodgers,Thompson or Blendamn i see them range 9.9x.

It is the reality...

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

Originally posted by ATK
    Originally posted by ATK
    what if bolt would have lost to Nesta Carter, would he still be considered the favorite since Carter wont be running, or not considered the favorite, since Carter isn't even running?
    Perhaps not . . . but you've still got that 'if' in there.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied

Originally posted by ATK

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

Originally posted by ATK

Leave a comment:

• Deerfoot
    replied

If Gay were running in the Worlds, Bolt would not be the favorite, in my opinion. Gay's 9.79 this year, plus his proven competitive and championship temperment would make him the favorite. As things actually are, I would say Bolt is still the favorite, even if only just. He hasn't actually lost this year, and beat Powell the only time they raced each other. None of the others, despite producing fast times, have shown the capability to beat the Big Three when it really matters. Bolt has beaten Powell 9 out of 10 times. Powell has only run up to form once in a major(Berlin). With all this considered, I give Bolt the edege. But it won't be an easy victory.

Leave a comment:

• ZELLGADISS
    replied

i think that everybody see that is possible that the actual shape of Powell is better that Bolt.
    Yes is possible ok, but it means that Powell defeat to Bolt?of course im not sure of it.
    Bolt is not in good shape and probably he will not in great shape in Daegu, but we saw his 3 races between 9.88 and 9.91(and won against the best runners in the world(less gay) against Powell,Mullings,Carter,Rodgers,Frater,...) and that he get around 9.80 in the world championship is not very optimistic. By the other hand i think that is very optimistic that Bolt get range 9.7, it see it very hard.

Knowing the talent of Bolt and the history of Powell in big championships(nerves,fear,rounds that make him lose energy,...)i see very hard that Powell can defeat to Bolt.

Of course is not impossible, but i dont see it...

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

Originally posted by tandfman
    Could Bolt lose? Of course. But again, I think he's the favorite until he does lose.
    Zackly.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied

Originally posted by jeremyp
    Originally posted by ZELLGADISS
    jeremyp, one question if Bolt lose, you tell that no Powell, then who?
    I don't know. No-one knows. History tells us that Powell has never finished higher than 3d. in major champs. We shall see.
    So, what does that mean?
    History shows that Gatlin has never finished worse than 1st in his world finals.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied

Originally posted by 26mi235
    Do you realize how big this adjustment is in standards for Bolt? We are talking about 20.0 vs 19.1; yes there are things like really going for it, but they make up only a small part of the difference. I do not thing that a 20.0 shows that Bolt has great endurance.
    As I've said this is not the old Bolt. But this Bolt is still stronger than anybody I've seen at 200 this year. 19.86 in Oslo, 20.03 easing up into a head wind.

He runs 9.8 and everyone was there (Gay, along with the other Jamaicans, Dix and Gatlin) it is possible that he would not medal.
    I dunno, he runs a 9.88 and beats Carter, Rodgers and Frater.

Leave a comment:

• ZELLGADISS
    replied

jeremyp really you think that Dix can get sub 9.8 in Daegu?His best time is 9.88 in Lucerna, but he is usually runner 9.9x, and his best time in championship is 9.91 in Beijing.
    I dont see like a runner that run almost always at max in 9.9x can get sub 9.8

Regards

Leave a comment:

Working...
X