Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Provisional Russian Team For Daegu

http://eng.rusathletics.com/nov/nov.php?ind=8914

Provisional team for Daegu has been announced today.

The men's track team is quite sparse.
    Silnov misses out in the HJ. They have announced 4 so another will be dropped.
    Only 2 women in the 400m so they may add another (or focus on the relay as in 88?)
    Former 400m runner turned LJer Olga Zaytseva is in the LJ.
    Only Drozdov make the decathlon team.
    Galkina did not make the 3000SC
    Isi in the PV

Re: Provisional Russian Team For Daegu

They're entering two marathoners called Aleksey Sokolov... has something like that ever happened before?

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut
      They're entering two marathoners called Aleksey Sokolov... has something like that ever happened before?
      I remember two Olga Nazarovas who both competed at 400H during the same period in the early 90s, but I don't think they were ever both on the same national team.
      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
        I remember two Olga Nazarovas who both competed at 400H during the same period in the early 90s, but I don't think they were ever both on the same national team.
        Well, one competed over the 400m flat (Olga V Nazarova) while the other competed in the 400mh.

They were both in the Russian team for Gothenberg 1995, both going out at the SF stage, Olga V going out in the 400m in 51.83 and Olga hurdler going out 56.89

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriella
          Originally posted by Powell
          Well, one competed over the 400m flat (Olga V Nazarova) while the other competed in the 400mh.
          Yes, I remember Olga V as the Olympic bronze medalist at 400 in Seoul, but didn't she also compete in the hurdles later in her career?
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Rybakov is the reigning champion.
            Dmitrik, Shustov, Ukhov and Silnov are all listed to compete in Stockholm next friday.

Comment

Mr. Powell, do you have a difficulty looking up ????? ???????????? ???????? 400 ?/??
              Fire Impossible.

Comment

Working...
              X