• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlow
    replied
    Re: UK Trials July 29th -31st

Originally posted by gh
    They do?
    We sure do. We are the biggest suckers for sob stories. Give a guy or girl some back-story and we go bananas for whatever they do. Why do you think the 'up-close-and-personal' shticks work so well?

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

They do?

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

Originally posted by NotSoOrdinary
    Americans never praise fourth place finishes. Fourth place for an American athlete sucks
    Do not, repeat, do NOT speak for Americans. :evil:
    Speak for yourself. Americans OFTEN praise fourth or tenth or even 45th place.

Leave a comment:

replied

“Ladies and gentlemen, as we start our descent to London, please make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position.
    Make sure your seat belt is securely fastened and all carry-on luggage is stowed underneath the seat in front of you or in the overhead bins.
    Please turn off all electronic devices capable of derailing tonight's focus from the London Diamond League until we are safely parked at the gate.
    Thank you.”

Leave a comment:

• shivfan
    replied

That's past history, jimbo...get over it!
    :roll:
    I just asked what's happened to Sharman, compared to 2009, and all that merited was a reply - which you furnished - without attempting to find out motives as to why I asked. You're the one that went on and on and on about it....

There are posters on this MB who don't like Bolt, who don't like Powell, and who don't like Gay. It doesn't matter, so long as the posts don't cross the line. And mine didn't - so, kindly keep your speculation to another messageboard that tolerates speculation about the motives of posters....

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    replied

Originally posted by shivfan
    Originally posted by jjimbojames
    Sharman only came up because Shivfan wanted to kick him again, as he personally doesn't like him (despite not knowing him, but that's another story altogether) - so no, not a 'Brit thing' but one that ANY country might do - and there's countless examples of this
    Jeez, you can't leave my username alone, can you?
    And how did you get that solely from a single question asking what happened to Sharman? It was clear to see that Sharman has fallen off considerably since his fourth place two years ago. So, are you saying that I'm not entitled to ask what happened to him without some paranoid poster flying off on a handle consulting soothsayers to determine what I'm really thinking?

Get a life....
    Shivfan, you have a history of these kind of insinuating comments when it comes to Sharman, across several boards - that's where it comes from. Given injuries have meant he's not been in any real form since 2009, there's little other reason to comment on him - he's not even got a place on the GBR team yet! :?

Anyway, I'm done with flogging a dead horse - if you want to keep on about Sharman, you crack on - just don't get paranoid if I don't reply

Leave a comment:

• shivfan
    replied

Sharman only came up because Shivfan wanted to kick him again, as he personally doesn't like him (despite not knowing him, but that's another story altogether) - so no, not a 'Brit thing' but one that ANY country might do - and there's countless examples of this
    Jeez, you can't leave my username alone, can you?
    And how did you get that solely from a single question asking what happened to Sharman? It was clear to see that Sharman has fallen off considerably since his fourth place two years ago. So, are you saying that I'm not entitled to ask what happened to him without some paranoid poster flying off on a handle consulting soothsayers to determine what I'm really thinking?

Get a life....

Leave a comment:

replied

Originally posted by NotSoOrdinary
    Originally posted by 26mi235
    Numerous comments by knowledgeable posters. Do you think Liu can run better than 10.4?
    With a pb of 10.86, we know Sharman definitely can't.
    Ms. "NSO", the waters underneath this particular bridge have since dried up; in order to catch whatever you're attempting to reel in, you'll need to find different bait at another pond (thread).

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

Originally posted by mump boy
    You in London Gaz ? does this mean you'll be at CP ? if so i hope you're going to let us take you for a beer or 2
    Thanks, but in town primarily as part of anniversary trip with my blushing bride. Heading out to CP is a minor sidelight that will occupy a minimal amount of time in our universe I'm afraid.

Although we will head out to the meet hotel late this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• NotSoOrdinary
    replied

Originally posted by 26mi235
    Numerous comments by knowledgeable posters. Do you think Liu can run better than 10.4?
    With a pb of 10.86, we know Sharman definitely can't.

Leave a comment:

• NotSoOrdinary
    replied

One final time, as Daisy is 100% correct - you and your WUM ways aren't worth it

If you were simply looking at a sprinter/hurdler and their 100m times, you would have admitted Liu is a better comparison than Clay. You did not. I'm sure everyone can make their own call as to how 'innocent' you were on that one :roll:

Again - someone you know finishes 4th in a WC final, and you choose to say NOTHING to them whatsoever, as they only finished 4th on the world and not 1-3. I'm calling BS on that one, too (pattern emerging here, perhaps :?: )

Third point - you can't remember the last USA person to finish 4th in a WC final and then get talked about - tell me the last Brit (other than Sharman) who the same thing occured with. Oh wait, just Ennis in that one. GBR doesn't get that many 4th places (or finalists!) to be in that position (ask 72 :wink: ) - and (again, already explained if you bothered to read before replying) Sharman only came up because Shivfan wanted to kick him again, as he personally doesn't like him (despite not knowing him, but that's another story altogether) - so no, not a 'Brit thing' but one that ANY country might do - and there's countless examples of this
    1. Was that ever even a question? I simply said, ''I'm not talking about Liu'' I didn't know we were debating comparison accuracy -_-

2. -_-

Leave a comment:

• mump boy
    replied

Originally posted by gh
    Originally posted by John G

It's a 'cake hole' not a 'pie hole', gh and you don't 'tighten it' you 'shut it'. Please don't embarrass yourself in this way when you come over next August.
    I stand by my original phrasing, which was meant to be "advisory" rather than continuing a pissing match.

This written whilst looking out on the Thames I might add.
    You in London Gaz ? does this mean you'll be at CP ? if so i hope you're going to let us take you for a beer or 2

Leave a comment:

• mump boy
    replied

[quote=John G]
    Originally posted by "mump boy":2yhcz78g
    Good god, you lot need to get a hobby you have WAY too much time inyour hands :?
    This from the ubiquitous Mump Boy. :wink:[/quote:2yhcz78g]

Ubiquity is fine if you have something to contribute, arguing about the merits of Will Sharman of all people, not so much

Leave a comment:

• IanS_Liv
    replied

[quote=John G]
    Originally posted by gh
    Originally posted by "John G":1om601k8

It's a 'cake hole' not a 'pie hole', gh and you don't 'tighten it' you 'shut it'. Please don't embarrass yourself in this way when you come over next August.
    I stand by my original phrasing, which was meant to be "advisory" rather than continuing a pissing match.

This written whilst looking out on the Thames I might add.
    Welcome to Blighty! I thought a literary man like yourself would appreciate a little guidance on the local lingo.[/quote:1om601k8]
    When in Londineum ...

Maybe when he introduces himself over the tannoy in Stratford, he should say "Yo, time ter big up da Gazmeister, innit?"

Leave a comment:

• John G
    replied

Originally posted by mump boy
    Good god, you lot need to get a hobby you have WAY too much time inyour hands :?
    This from the ubiquitous Mump Boy. :wink:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X