Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: London DL(August 5, 2011) startlist

Yohan Blake is now confirmed for the meet. Very happy now. It should be a fast competitive race with him and Asafa over 100m.

http://www.trackalerts.com/news/quick-n ... grand-prix

Comment

Dix also set to run the 200 in a relatively weak field.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK

Is there a surprise he is in the 200m race and not 100m? This guy ago finish about 5 the highest in 100m if the make the final and 4th in 200m. No 100m or 200m medal for him in Daegu. He heads back to USA with his tail between his legs after Daegu and then he will learn to shut the hell up, bout him can beat this person and that person. He runs all out in his 200m races hoping to run sub-20 and still can't even beat Nickel Ashmead time of 9.95. He is a joke!

Comment

Originally posted by notorious
          http://www.diamondleague-london.com/Live-StartlistsResults/Overview/

Only person of note missing from the womens 100m is Veronica Campbell.

Womens 100m
          Athlete DATE OF BIRTH Nation PB SB
          ANDERSON Alexandria 28.01.1987 USA 11.01 11.01
          BAPTISTE Kelly-Ann 14.10.1986 TRI 10.84 10.91
          BARBER Mikele 04.10.1980 USA 11.02 11.09
          BROOKINS LaKya 28.07.1989 USA 11.10 11.10
          CALVERT Schillonie 27.07.1988 JAM 11.05 11.05
          FRASER-PRYCE Shelly-Ann 27.12.1986 JAM 10.73 10.95
          JETER Carmelita 24.11.1979 USA 10.64 10.70
          KWAKYE Jeanette 20.03.1983 GBR 11.14 11.15
          LALOVA Ivet 18.05.1984 BUL 10.77 10.96
          MOORE LaShauntea 31.07.1983 USA 10.97 11.17
          MYERS Marshevet 25.09.1984 USA 10.86 10.86
          OKAGBARE Blessing 09.10.1988 NGR 11.08
          ONUORA Anyika 28.10.1984 GBR 11.18 11.18
          STEWART Kerron 16.04.1984 JAM 10.75 10.87

Marshevet Myers and Kerron Stewart are out. Jura Levy is now in the field. Happy to see she has a chance to run against some big guns before Daegu. Most likely the Jeter and Fraser-Pryce will be in separate heats, so Jura Levy will be in either of one of those heats.

Comment

Originally posted by Trackfans08
            Originally posted by ATK

Is there a surprise he is in the 200m race and not 100m? This guy ago finish about 5 the highest in 100m if the make the final and 4th in 200m. No 100m or 200m medal for him in Daegu. He heads back to USA with his tail between his legs after Daegu and then he will learn to shut the hell up, bout him can beat this person and that person. He runs all out in his 200m races hoping to run sub-20 and still can't even beat Nickel Ashmead time of 9.95. He is a joke!
            Tell us how you really feel.

I don't see Dix on the medal stand in the 100m, but he has a shot in the 200m. Maybe he just wants to work on the race he has the best chance in.

Comment

Whats with that hate on Dix? I think he is very capable of winning a medal in both the 100 and the 200. He dominated the 200 circuit last year, and this year, if im correct, he has not lost a single race at either 100 or 200. Yes he hasn't run with the top competitors, but still. Dix is pretty much locked down for a 200m silver based off the facts and whats been happening as of late.

Also Ashmeade ran that 19.95 with some of the best competition in his race, and a 1.6 tail wind and has yet to match that race. Dix ran 20.02 with 0 wind and no competition. Times really don't really make one person better than the next.

Comment

the mens 5k, the 3k, the mile and the womans 5k look really weak for a diamond league meet.

i know people will say its because kenya and ethiopia dont want the runners who are in the world champs running, but even so the kenyans and ethiopians who did NOT make their world champs team could really improve the fields in the events i mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK

You did not read what he wrote very closely did you. Dix has a great finish, possibly one of the top three in the 100 and probably the top finish in the 200. He said that if he were even or ahead of Bolt midway that he thought he had a good chance of beating him. Given how Bolt is running this year, I think that his comment is not in the 'no way' category. (and if he is close he seems to be able to out-lean any non-hurdlers; he would have had a 9.96 at the Trials to Gatlin's 9.95 but he nipped a couple of hundredths off with his lean and won in 9,94 -- Bolt has not had a lot of 'lean' experience the last 3-4 years.

How much would you bet that he will not beat Ashmead, by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                    Originally posted by ATK

You did not read what he wrote very closely did you. Dix has a great finish, possibly one of the top three in the 100 and probably the top finish in the 200. He said that if he were even or ahead of Bolt midway that he thought he had a good chance of beating him. Given how Bolt is running this year, I think that his comment is not in the 'no way' category. (and if he is close he seems to be able to out-lean any non-hurdlers; he would have had a 9.96 at the Trials to Gatlin's 9.95 but he nipped a couple of hundredths off with his lean and won in 9,94 -- Bolt has not had a lot of 'lean' experience the last 3-4 years.

How much would you bet that he will not beat Ashmead, by the way?

Do he think 9.94 or 9.80's times are going to beat Bolt in Daegu? He needs to shut the hell up, he just trying to get attention. Because everyone is talking about Jamaica getting the top 4 spots. He don't even break 20 secs and he talking about beating Bolt. Did he forgot his whippings that he got in Beijing in both 100m and 200m. He couldn't even beat Richard Thompson in Beijing, much-less Bolt. And in 200m he got a Bronze after finishing way down the pack even behind the second and third place guys before they were disqualified. I am not even to go mention Bolt because people can get the picture if he finish way behind the 2nd and 3rd place finishers in Beijing.

As for finish ahead of Ashmeade, I said Dix will finish highest 4th in 200m and I wasn't thinking of Ashmeade finish in top 3 either. All I saying he is not getting no 100m or 200m medal in Daegu. Take that to the bank too! He need to shut da hell up!

Comment

As for finish ahead of Ashmeade, I said Dix will finish highest 4th in 200m and I wasn't thinking of Ashmeade finish in top 3 either. All I saying he is not getting no 100m or 200m medal in Daegu. Take that to the bank too! He need to shut da hell up!
                      Who do you have finishing 2nd and 3rd in the 200 then?

Comment

Originally posted by ATK

Right now I would say Alonso Edwards and Mullings. In May Ashmeade had the right bulk, but I think he gotten bigger and you could see it slows him down in his last 200m. If him don't go back to where he was in May he won't be a factor in Daegu.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK

Right now I would say Alonso Edwards and Mullings. In May Ashmeade had the right bulk, but I think he gotten bigger and you could see it slows him down in his last 200m. If him don't go back to where he was in May he won't be a factor in Daegu.
                          Good thing Edwards is running this 200, because he really isn't showing any form that would indicate a medal position. I personally think he his getting a bit of credit for his 2009 run.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK
                            Originally posted by ATK

Good thing Edwards is running this 200, because he really isn't showing any form that would indicate a medal position. I personally think he his getting a bit of credit for his 2009 run.
                            Edwards is running just about the same way he was prior to Berlin. He showed that he can show up and run 19.80's in final and beat Wallace in the process in Berlin.

Comment

Originally posted by notorious
                              http://www.diamondleague-london.com/Live-StartlistsResults/Overview/

Only person of note missing from the womens 100m is Veronica Campbell.

Womens 100m
                              Athlete DATE OF BIRTH Nation PB SB
                              ANDERSON Alexandria 28.01.1987 USA 11.01 11.01
                              BAPTISTE Kelly-Ann 14.10.1986 TRI 10.84 10.91
                              BARBER Mikele 04.10.1980 USA 11.02 11.09
                              BROOKINS LaKya 28.07.1989 USA 11.10 11.10
                              CALVERT Schillonie 27.07.1988 JAM 11.05 11.05
                              FRASER-PRYCE Shelly-Ann 27.12.1986 JAM 10.73 10.95
                              JETER Carmelita 24.11.1979 USA 10.64 10.70
                              KWAKYE Jeanette 20.03.1983 GBR 11.14 11.15
                              LALOVA Ivet 18.05.1984 BUL 10.77 10.96
                              MOORE LaShauntea 31.07.1983 USA 10.97 11.17
                              MYERS Marshevet 25.09.1984 USA 10.86 10.86
                              OKAGBARE Blessing 09.10.1988 NGR 11.08
                              ONUORA Anyika 28.10.1984 GBR 11.18 11.18
                              STEWART Kerron 16.04.1984 JAM 10.75 10.87

Marshevet Myers and Kerron Stewart are out. Jura Levy is now in the field. Happy to see she has a chance to run against some big guns before Daegu. Most likely the Jeter and Fraser-Pryce will be in separate heats, so Jura Levy will be in either of one of those heats.
                              I'm worried about Kerron....

I can see her making it to the final at Daegu, but I suspect she won't be among the medals this time around.
                              My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

Trivia, how many 100s has Carmelita run this summer? How many has she run since US champs? How many 200s? The answers are going to shock you "well wishers" and disappoint you.

Comment

Working...
                                X