Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asafa Will Be Champion [merged]

Bolt is beatable and I am going out on a limb and saying this is Asafa's year.

I am actually pulling for him simply becuase it would be so great for him to win a Championship - he so deserves it - and this is the year to make it happen now that the King is having some trouble.

Re: Asafa Will Be Champion

If Asafa get sub 9.8 in final Daegu probably he will be champion, but really i dont see it.
    I see more probably that Asafa get sub 9.9 and Bolt win with few distance.
    Of course Asafa can win but i dont give him with big possibility...

Comment

I'm backing Asafa, but solely because this is his best chance to win gold, with Gay out of action and Bolt looking a bit rusty in the 100....

But if Bolt rounds into form, and Powell is anything less than 100% in that final, then it's going to be the same old story.
      My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

We'll see what he does today and hopefully he won't be in choke mode come Daegu.

Comment

Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in
          We'll see what he does today and hopefully he won't be in choke mode come Daegu.
          Looks like he ran 9.86 in Hungary.

If he can avoid choking, he probably will win it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave
            Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in
            Looks like he ran 9.86 in Hungary.

If he can avoid choking, he probably will win it.
            The key word is "IF."

Comment

I'm so pulling for him - what a great story that will be - imagine how happy he will be.

Comment

My doubts continue, i see very hard that Asafa get sub 9.80 in Daegu and if he did not get it, he will not get gold medal...

Comment

Originally posted by ZELLGADISS
                  My doubts continue, i see very hard that Asafa get sub 9.80 in Daegu and if he did not get it, he will not get gold medal...
                  What do you have against Powell? The man just ran 9.90 and 9.86 back to back while easing up in the heats and looking well relaxed in the final and you still can’t see the man going sub 9.8 like I always say, look at the time but more importantly how he ran the time and his performance relative to the other competitors. The way hoe he displaced Makusha which is a 9.89 guy says a lot more than those times and the wind.

Comment

Bolan sorry but i dont see winning to Asafa in Daegu., and i love how run Asafa he is great runner, only his last 20m perhaps are a little bad.

Everybody know the past of Powell, 5th in 2 OG and 3rd in 2 WC, he never got sub 9.9 until final in Berlin and was 9.84.
                    He always had nerves, pression and i think that he can run better only one race that several races in 1 day.

He did incredible races last 5 or 6 years, it is true but in the big competitions ,sorry but i dont must so much in Powell.

If Asafa get gold medal in Daegu with 9.75 by example, i will eat my words and i will give congratulations by his title, but i doubt so much about it.

Makusha is good runner, but i dont think that he can get final in Daegu, so today he did no run with nobody really great, when Powell run totally alone since 30m he run very very easy, if somebody run at same level that him his confidence down and lose, and i think that will happen same this year...

Regards

Comment

I think the title of this post would be far more accurate if labelled Asafa SHOULD be Champion. There is nobody running better than him at the moment but that is neither here nor there. Powell is NOT a global championship winner (his CG title from 2006 was outside 10 seconds). I would love to see the most consistent recent performer from outside championships win - but I don't believe he will.

That said, I don't believe Bolt will win the 100 either....

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Lovelock
                        I think the title of this post would be far more accurate if labelled Asafa SHOULD be Champion. There is nobody running better than him at the moment but that is neither here nor there. Powell is NOT a global championship winner (his CG title from 2006 was outside 10 seconds). I would love to see the most consistent recent performer from outside championships win - but I don't believe he will.

That said, I don't believe Bolt will win the 100 either....
                        Who do you think will win the mens 100m?

Comment

i have been disappointed with safa so many times that I am afraid to get my hopes up. But i hope that this statement proves to be true

Comment

Originally posted by ZELLGADISS
                            What is the sprint record for the newly-surfaced Daegu track? Which athletes have the most experience churning out fast times on slow tracks? With very little data to digest, there is no guarantee that sub-9"80 will be possible in Daegu. If the track is slow, Mr. Bolt may have to put in a 9"6 effort to yield a sub-9"8 clocking on that track --- an effort I don't believe he has in him this season.

In short: It may not take a sub-9"80 to win the world championships. I know the same could have been said ahead of Berlin, but that was a different running machine in Mr. Bolt than the 2011 version (thus far).
                            Fire Impossible.

Comment

3, i dont know if Daegu is slow or fast track but usually the cities that get WC dont put slow tracks in his championship, they hope that there get WR and his city will get fame by it.

So i imagine that Daegu will be faster that average track and i think that the winner in Daegu will get around 9.80, of course without negative wind, if in the final exists -2.0 m/s is IMPOSSIBLE get 9.80 hehehe.

Comment

Working...
                              X