Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Non-DL London: W 200m

Right here ends the Bianca Knight Body Dicussion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

should have stopped ages ago. My apologies for not doing so.

Comment

If this was already mentioned forgive me, but does anyone know how far in advance an athlete would have to pull out of an event in Daegu in order for the next qualifying athlete on the team to take the spot?

For example, 2 days ago when Bianca Knight was asked what event she was competing in at Worlds, she tweeted that she was going for the relay but staying prepared for whatever else may happen.... If Carmelita should change her mind and decide at a late date to drop the 200, does anyone know when she would have to withdraw by in order for Bianca to be permitted to take her spot? The Final Entry deadline seems to be 2 Mondays before the first day of competition, which would be Monday, Aug. 15th for a first day of Aug. 27th... The Final Comfirmation of entries in the case of the 200m seems to be by 9am the day before the 200 heats, if I'm reading the rules below correctly... Can you change athletes after the Final Entry but before the Final Confirmation? Excuse my ignorance, but I don't know how the process works, so I'm not sure exactly when a substitution must occur by.

103.6. Final Entries

IAAF shall only accept Final Entries received from the President or the General
        Secretary of the Member Federation or by another person recognised by the IAAF.
        Final Entries must be submitted using the IAAF On-line Event Entry System:
        http://evententry.iaaf.org. The submission of Final Entries on-line for the
        competition will be possible from one month prior to the final entry deadline which
        is not later than two Mondays before the first day of competition (e.g. Monday, 13
        August for a competition starting on Friday, 24 August), midnight Monaco time
        (GMT + 1).

103.7. Final Confirmation of Entries

Unless otherwise specified in the Team Manual, for events held on the first day,
        Final Confirmation of Entries must be made before 12:00 (midday) two days
        before the first competition day and, for all subsequent days, before 9am on the
        day before the event.

Comment

Great questions Blues!
          The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

I think that Knight is the alternate, so she is already 'entered', she just replaces another entrant. This would be similar to the case of the hurdler (blanking) who flew over just in time to run the heats and ended up with the Silver (?bronze).

Comment

David Payne
              There are no strings on me

Comment

Working...
              X