Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DL London: W 800m

Savinova is my fave for the title. Who knows what the African wo(men) will do?

Comment

Originally posted by DCSIGMA
      I still think Semenya hasn't shown her hand just yet.
      This. Although I still hope Sinclair wins in Daegu. Great run by Jenny Meadows though :!:

Comment

Originally posted by jjimbojames
        Originally posted by jeremyp
        Sinclair went out too fast and paid the price. Meadows looked great!
        Perhaps a lesson to not try and be pacemaker when one is in the race! 56.51 for 400m is crazy
        I think the problem was that the pacemaker slowed her down....

At least in Daegu there are no pacemakers, so Sinclair will be able to set the fast pace that has served well this season to date.
        My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

I think if Kenia had gone any faster on that first lap she'd have been outside of 2 mins - 56/63 are not good splits

I think the p/m should have stuck to the pace asked, whether Kenia was shouting at her to go faster or not (she's not paid by one athlete!), and Kenia should have stuck to that. At least she knows she can't go that fast again if she wants to win

Comment

Just a side note to this: Marilyn Okoro ran 1:59.85 at Crystal Palace, which was just outside the A standard for Daegu of 1:59.80 and not enough to guarantee selection. So Saturday she found a local club race and ran a solo 1:59.51!

Comment

Jenny's coming into form at just the right time. That was her third fastest ever run behind her 1:57 at the World Champs in Berlin and a low 1:58 at the World Indoors last year. She knows what to do in major semi-finals and I expect the final to be a fast one which should play to her strengths. I think Semenya, Savinova and Jepkosgei appear to be the likely medallists but this run probably puts Meadows ahead of the rest.
              http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim
                . this run probably puts Meadows ahead of the rest.
                naaaaaw

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim
                  Jenny's coming into form at just the right time. That was her third fastest ever run behind her 1:57 at the World Champs in Berlin and a low 1:58 at the World Indoors last year. She knows what to do in major semi-finals and I expect the final to be a fast one which should play to her strengths. I think Semenya, Savinova and Jepkosgei appear to be the likely medallists but this run probably puts Meadows ahead of the rest.

:?: :?: How would this race put her ahead of anyone?? I think this whole race was a strategic, race by Kenia Sinclair camp to go at a more blistering pace than Stockholm and see how it pans out. Sinclair will be just fine for Daegu.

Comment

my crystal ball tells me the top 4 in daegu will be:

sinclair
                    jepkosgei
                    montano
                    savinova

with semenya in 7th...

Comment

Don't rule out Santiusti.

Comment

I am seriously worried about Kenia Sinclair medaling, but she is certainly among the top five contenders. I just have a feeling that she has exposed herself too much to the competition this season and that they have all been devising strategies knowing that she is the one with the buckeye.

Comment

Working...
                        X