Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miki Barber w4 x 100m relay

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    In 2008-2009 the Jamaican women won the WC gold when the US dropped the stick.
    In 2008, the U.S. and Jamaica dropped the baton to the delight of the Russians.

Comment

Originally posted by guru
      Originally posted by feltdog70
      Her speed from a flying start is among the top in the world, at least in my opinion.

Well we'll see how good her speed is after four 400's and three 200's in the days preceding the 4x1's. If she's in there I would not be surprised to see an exchange problem with her handoff to Myers, especially if the same team runs prelims and finals.
      IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING!! I don't have a crystal ball, so I can only presume that Bobby will prepare her for this...

Comment

Her speed from a flying start is among the top in the world, at least in my opinion.

Well we'll see how good her speed is after four 400's and three 200's in the days preceding the 4x1's. If she's in there I would not be surprised to see an exchange problem with her handoff to Myers, especially if the same team runs prelims and finals.
        IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING!! I don't have a crystal ball, so I can only presume that Bobby will prepare her for this...

I'm not sure who said impossible, but all the preparation in the world won't change the fact that 2200m of world championship sprinting is going to take it's toll by that last day, when precision timing will be critical to completing handoffs, much less winning.
        There are no strings on me

Comment

I'm not sure who said impossible, but all the preparation in the world won't change the fact that 2200m of world championship sprinting is going to take it's toll by that last day, when precision timing will be critical to completing handoffs, much less winning.
          No one said impossible, I just thought that it sounded good at this point in the conversation. I agree that all of the excess running will have a toll on her performance, but I still feel that she will do well..... In spite of what everyone else thinks...

Comment

No one said impossible, I just thought that it sounded good at this point in the conversation. I agree that all of the excess running will have a toll on her performance, but I still feel that she will do well..... In spite of what everyone else thinks...
            Well, she ran a 48.0r after running the 200 and the 4x100, right? And, she is older and stronger now.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
              Originally posted by TrackDaddy
              In 2008-2009 the Jamaican women won the WC gold when the US dropped the stick.
              In 2008, the U.S. and Jamaica dropped the baton to the delight of the Russians.
              Typo.
              The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Working...
              X