Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ato Boldon

I am a big fan of his "Cool Down" program on universalsports.com and I do hope one day this program is broadcast on the Universal Sports TV versus it just being on the website.

Also, it would be great if Universal could develop a "One on one" interview program whereby Ato interviews various track and field athletes(like what he did with Allyson Felix recently) This program would enable track and field fans and viewers alike to get to know the athletes a little bit more on a personal level.

Re: Ato Boldon

Yes that is a good idea.

Comment

Half of the time I don't even know what athletes voices sound like and I have been a huge Track & Field fan since the 80's . This could be because 1) they are barely interviewed after a race and 2) Some athletes don't get the shine they should get even when they run world class times. So I think it would really be a great idea because it would be a great start for even Track & Field fans to get to know an athlete a little better.

Comment

Originally posted by "notorious"[b
        ]I am a big fan of his "Cool Down" program on universalsports.com and I do hope one day this program is broadcast on the Universal Sports TV versus it just being on the website.
        [/b]
        Also, it would be great if Universal could develop a "One on one" interview program whereby Ato interviews various track and field athletes(like what he did with Allyson Felix recently) This program would enable track and field fans and viewers alike to get to know the athletes a little bit more on a personal level.

Notorious you know US TV is available over-the-air in NYC? Friday night (more like Saturday 1am or so morning) was the first time I watch the program. It was on Universal Sports TV and its not bad at all. He said the next Cool Down segment will be after the next Diamond League after WC.

Of note, I am still puzzle as to why NBC don't let Universal sports TV available in all states over-the-air rather than in selective states. In a time when many people are getting rid of the overpriced DTV, Dishnetwork and Cable service and turning to their local broadcast stations using TV antenna with HDTV or converter box to watch their favorite shows. It is also well documented that networks TV are the most watch in the country.

Comment

I am aware that Universal Sports in an over the air(OTA) digitial subchannel available in a few states. When the channel launched a few years ago, NBC contemplated trying to make it a regular cable sports channel like ESPN. However, it needed to negotiate carriage agreements with every cable/satellite provider and in a time of limited cable/satellite capacity, it was a hardsell for a brand new channel.

Alternatively, they decided to use the "spectrum" they already had in the OTA TV market and thus, Universal Sports is a digital subchannel(sharing spectrum with the main channel eg. NBC 4 in NY)

NBC has been slow in adding it as a subchannel especially in smaller metropolitan areas and even when it is added, it takes awhile for the cable system to add it to their system.

I was watching Universal Sports OTA using an antenna for about a year before it became available on my cable system. Directv just added the channel and thus, another 20+millon subscribers have access to it. No word as to when Dishnetwork might have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam9412
            Half of the time I don't even know what athletes voices sound like and I have been a huge Track & Field fan since the 80's . This could be because 1) they are barely interviewed after a race and 2) Some athletes don't get the shine they should get even when they run world class times. So I think it would really be a great idea because it would be a great start for even Track & Field fans to get to know an athlete a little better.
            It would be great if Universal has such a show and at such, there would not be a need for the numerous human interest athlete stories that NBC deluge us with every Olympics.

Comment

Ato Boldon, Dwight Stones, and Tom Hammonds(please replace Paul Stutterman*purposely misspelled his name due to his borderline racial favortisim*) this guy knows nothing of the sport yet he seems to be the lead man on the team, never has stats correctly, only shadows other commentators, then he never seems to pronounce names correctly, overall you can sence the tension when he is on the panel, the new guy(sorry I forgot his name) has his stats correct, gets the names right, overall conversation is lighthearted, knows who the players are in each event, same with Tom...the show will own up to it's moniker universal sports(all races all shades all countries, if he's gone!!! not throwing out quotes like,.... it looks like an all european race!!!, or well i guess the jamaican runner will sprint a 200 meter race, a long distance runner..hummm? ....... he just shots out these borderline statements, and apparently thinks it's cute??? give Paul his walking papers!!!!! sorry for the venting....this was Ato's page, great job on the show, the comentary section is only an extension of his original website, while he was an active sprinter/pro athlete...kudos!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cam9412
                First time I heard Allyson Felix speak, I was quite surprised at what her voice sounded like. Didn't expect that voice from her.

Comment

yeah paul sunderland needs to stick to volleyball... but i'm always just glad i don't see or hear carol or tom on screen. i can deal with dwight and ato, but can't stand the others.

Comment

yeah paul sunderland needs to stick to volleyball... but i'm always just glad i don't see or hear carol or tom on screen. i can deal with dwight and ato, but can't stand the others.uakari

actually paul sunderland is doing a decent job. and he usually defers to ato and dwight when he needs to. i think we have said enough about uncle tom (hammond), screaming carol (lewis) and hairless larry (rawson). to universal sports' credit this year's telecasts have been from good to very good.

Comment

Originally posted by notorious
                      I am a big fan of his "Cool Down" program on universalsports.com and I do hope one day this program is broadcast on the Universal Sports TV versus it just being on the website.

I didn't know that program. Thanks notorius

Comment

Working...
                      X