Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will most likely win the double in Daegu?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who will most likely win the double in Daegu?

For a double cock up in the relays, it's got to be a close call between GB and the USA.

Comment

I believe Walter Dix has a decent chance of winning either the 100 or 200 because Bolt hasn't looked like the unbeatable force he was in '08 & '09. I pick him to win both, but if he's not at the top of his game he can be beat. I don't think we've seen the best Walter Dix has to offer yet & I personally think we will in Daegu. We'll see.

Comment

Do relays count? Because I think the US women can pull of the 4x1, 4x4 double :P

Comment

Originally posted by Amaru523
          I believe Walter Dix has a decent chance of winning either the 100 or 200 because Bolt hasn't looked like the unbeatable force he was in '08 & '09. I pick him to win both, but if he's not at the top of his game he can be beat. I don't think we've seen the best Walter Dix has to offer yet & I personally think we will in Daegu. We'll see.
          Sorry,but I can think of about 4 athletes not named both who will finish ahead of Dix in Daegu.

Comment

Originally posted by notorious
            Sorry,but I can think of about 4 athletes not named both who will finish ahead of Dix in Daegu.
            Yes, but you rarely have any perspective when it comes to this and related topics, and until you start talking like someone that is so damned certain exactly which Jamaican is going to win few people will take your posts on those topics to be informative. In the last week or two you have started to be a little less fanboi-ish, but maybe the potential vulnerability of Bolt, SAFP and VCB has had some effect.

Comment

Originally posted by vip
              I certainly don't mind Dix speaking his mind and saying Bolt can be beat. I think it's refreshing.

My issue lies with Dix thinking he can be the one to beat Bolt in the 100 or 200, when there's no evidence to back up the bravado. In the biggest meet of the year to date (US champs), this is the same guy who nearly got run down in the 100 by someone who hadn't raced competitively in 4 years and then again by an old man in the 200. Bolt slept well that night.

I think Dix should be thinking about Safa, Mullings, etc., etc., before he can think about beating the king.
              I agree. There are others that he should concern himself with outside of BOLT!! Maybe he knows something that we don't!! LOL....

Comment

Originally posted by doug5321
                bolt is by far the most likely to pull off the double.
                besides the ones you mentioned possible doubles

meseret defar 5/10k
                vivian cheruiyot 5/10k
                mo farah 5/10k
                The women's 5/10 is really fascinating, with both Defar and Cheruiyot declaring their intent to double. Then there's the specter of Tirunesh Dibaba in the 10, and throw in Genzebe, Ejigu, Masai, Melkamu and the likelihood of extreme heat/humidity that could throw a monkey-wrench into the form. Remember in Osaka that several of the Africans ran poorly and Kara Goucher sneaked in for a medal. Defar has not been dominant since '07, and Cheruiyot's star is on the rise, so I would think she has the better chance. Sadly, Elvan Abeylegesse is out.
                Cheers,
                Alan Shank
                Woodland, CA, USA

Comment

Working...
                X