• Show
Clear All

• berkeley
    replied
    Re: Daegu World Championships predictions

Originally posted by Marlow
    Originally posted by gh
    I'm guessing Silnov still will
    On the 'teams' thread, it says he's not.
    The Russians won't stand on ceremony ... Silnov didn't make the team in 2008 IIRC, then was added late and spanked the rest of the field (no offense to Raul). Since when have Shustov or Dmitrik ever performed at a high level in a major outdoor title meet ? As much as I would love to see Ukhov deliver, I think Silnov has a better chance.

Leave a comment:

• Grasshopper
    replied

Originally posted by notorious
    I typically don't care for any event over 400m(except for the 800m with Kenia Sinclair) and thus, you are more than welcome to add to the list.
    And yet you listed the women's hurdle races and not the men's (in which there are no real Jamaican medal contenders). Interesting.

Leave a comment:

• notorious
    replied

[quote=efua ninsin]
    Originally posted by "efua ninsin":b3biwaaj
    Originally posted by Powell
    Are these the predictions for the WCh or a US-Jamaica dual meet? :roll:
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is why i hardly read anything that notorious regarding jamaica and predictions
    Well, I guess you won't read alot during World's because I will be all over the place during our many victorious celebrations.
    i do hope jamaicans wins even half the medals that you are predicting so you wont completely disappear on us after the wch.[/quote:b3biwaaj]

You got jokes I see. No need for me to disappear because the gold will be rolling in like they did in Berlin and Daegu.

Leave a comment:

• efua ninsin
    replied

Originally posted by efua ninsin

This is why i hardly read anything that notorious regarding jamaica and predictions
    Well, I guess you won't read alot during World's because I will be all over the place during our many victorious celebrations.
    i do hope jamaicans wins even half the medals that you are predicting so you wont completely disappear on us after the wch.

Leave a comment:

• notorious
    replied

Originally posted by efua ninsin

Leave a comment:

• efua ninsin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• efua ninsin
    replied
    Re: [selected] Daegu World Championships predictions

After daegu is going to be quite interesting. we will witness the mysterious disappearance of some posters after they are forced to eat crow. I don't why keep expecting persons to be fair and balanced when making their predictions.There is never any rationality in sports just a bunch emotional mumbo jumbo

Leave a comment:

• Louis IX
    replied

Originally posted by tm71
    thread title should be changed to SOME select event world championships predictions because it lacks any races longer than a lap and field events. with that logic it should be no wonder NBC restricts their coverage to those events and an occasional dwight blurb from the men's shot, long jump and the decathlon.

I typically don't care for any event over 400m(except for the 800m with Kenia Sinclair) and thus, you are more than welcome to add to the list.
    The "N" in T&FN apparently stands for "Nationalism". Unfortunately, for those of us who don't ascribe such importance to membership in an imagined community, all Daegu conversation about events 400m and below will devolve into such juvenile chest-beating and should be better avoided.

Leave a comment:

• notorious
    replied

Originally posted by tm71
    thread title should be changed to SOME select event world championships predictions because it lacks any races longer than a lap and field events. with that logic it should be no wonder NBC restricts their coverage to those events and an occasional dwight blurb from the men's shot, long jump and the decathlon.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied

After what we(Jamaica) did in Berlin, you better believe those predictions.
    It's beside the point whether I believe them or not. What you did there was virtually ignore everyone who isn't either American or Jamaican. Why did you give only the top 2 in the relays? Why top 6 in the men's 100 (where all 6 come from these 2 countries), but only top 3 in all other events (where going deeper would have forced you to consider other countries, too)? Not to mention ignoring all the non-sprint events...

And, quite apart from that, I do think other athletes will make the podium in the sprints. IMO:
    - Lemaitre will win a medal at 200 and finish in the top 6 at 100
    - at least one European will be in the women's top 3 at 400H (you've got Hejnova, Antyukh and Stambolova to chose from)
    - Krivoshapka will get a medal at 400, and even if she doesn't, then Montsho will.

Leave a comment:

• tm71
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Per Andersen
    replied

Originally posted by Marlow
    Originally posted by gh
    I'm guessing Silnov still will
    On the 'teams' thread, it says he's not.
    Oh, but those Russians :wink:

Leave a comment:

• uakari
    replied

btw, if you were just listing surnames, the man's surname is liu, not xiang.

Leave a comment:

• notorious
    replied

Originally posted by Vault-emort
    OMG!! Sally Pearson has transferred to JAM?? :shock:

Where did I say that ?

Leave a comment:

• notorious
    replied

After what we(Jamaica) did in Berlin, you better believe those predictions.

Compared to Daegu, the only event Jamaica will not win again is the womens 100m hurdles. Bridgetter Foster has been MIA all season long. I don't expect much from her in Daegu. A

Leave a comment:

Working...
X