Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big XII Championships

Anybody know why Ychlindria Spears did not participate in the TJ? Perhaps the cold weather scared Kearney and she wants to save her for NCAAs?
    "Run fast and keep turning left."

Re: Big XII Championships

javelin results:

1 Tom Engwall Texas 73.01m 239-06 10
    58.42m FOUL 66.35m FOUL FOUL 73.01m
    2 Jarrad Matthews Texas A&M 69.26m 227-03 8
    FOUL 67.78m FOUL 68.18m FOUL 69.26m
    3 Jason Matthews Texas A&M 63.29m 207-08 6
    63.29m 62.99m FOUL FOUL FOUL 60.44m

Who in the hell is Tom Engwall? I'm a big Longhorns fan, and this is the first time I've ever heard his name. His previous best this season was only 63 meters. That was 10 points I didn't expect.

Comment

Dadgum Sooners can't run a website! For some reason, they have removed the "last completed event" link, but you can still get to it here: http://sml1.com/recordtiming/big12/lastevt.htm

Comment

Man, Stanley Redwine has some work to do rebuilding that storied Kansas program. Through 18 events, KU has scored all of 2 points.

Comment

Looks like the Texas women have done it again with the usual last-minute avalanche of sprint points. About an hour ago I thought they couldn't catch Nebraska, but now they're up 4.5 points. Unless NU has a suprise in the 5K or UT drops the 4x4 baton (typing with my fingers crossed), I can't imagine how the Huskers can catch up.

Comment

>Man, Stanley Redwine has some work to do rebuilding that storied Kansas
            >program. Through 18 events, KU has scored all of 2 points.

Check that. Now they're up to 3.

Comment

Lee a question on the margin. Did you like it better while Texas was in SWC or now in the Big 12?
              "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

>Lee a question on the margin. Did you like it better while Texas was in SWC or
                >now in the Big 12?

You know, I wasn't really paying attention to track until 1996, the year the Big 12 started. I ran for UT in 1987, and our main concern was beating Arkansas on the men's side (y'all may remember the Hogs were SWC back then). After I quit the team, I drifted away from track for several years, and didn't start following it again until the 1996 Olympics. Now I'm rabid again.

Comment

Working...
                X