Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anybody follow the Diamond League standings?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: does anybody follow the Diamond League standings?

Originally posted by kuha
    Originally posted by dukehjsteve
    I'm as big a track fan as anybody in the world, and my interest in the Diamaond League standings, or the USA VISA standings, is non-existent.
    Yes. In the words of Elvis Costello, "less than zero."
    I'm with Steve and kuha, absolutely zero interest. Plus I'll throw Joan Armatrading and the Smashing Pumpkins into the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
      Does anyone follow the golf and tennis standings? I believe both sports have some kind of point system, but you rarely see the standings in the newpapers,....
      I do. And my paper runs multiple versions of golf rankings on at least a weekly basis. For a casual fan, there's no better way to keep up on a sport. NASCAR too.

Doesn't work for us, of course, because even a hardcore fan is going to be offput by having to keep track of 32 leaders instead of just 2. Just another cross our sport has to bear.

Comment

I'm with steve, kuha and mark...zero interest...we love the reults of the compettion in each event in the track meet, not some point total that is comparatively irrelavent.

Comment

FWIW, and since you apparently can't find such a simple compilation anywhere on the DL site, here's the leaders leading into the finals

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/index. ... arId=62224

Comment

Dix and Bolt are actually tied for the DL 200m

Comment

Working...
            X