Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Thompson 9.85s (+1.0m/s) NR, T&T National Champs

Bledman second in 10.06s, Aaron Armstrong doing it for the "oldies" with third in 10.07s, Marc Burns 10.09s, Callender 10.12s, Darrel Brown 10.13s and Sorrillo 10.17s.

I wonder what Ato Boldon's reaction will be as his NR has been taken.

http://www.ttnaaa.org/~results/2011/naa ... 13F020.htm

Re: Richard Thompson 9.85s (+1.0m/s) NR, T&T National Champs

Originally posted by Letlôtse
    Just now, apparently, according to Twitter.
    results
    http://www.runnerspace.com/news.php?new ... l-Open-Cha

Comment

Where did THAT come from? His last meet(s) were not really in that class.

Comment

Think I'll be cheering for T&T in the WC 4x100

Comment

Originally posted by Vault-emort
          Think I'll be cheering for T&T in the WC 4x100
          Yea there 4x1 should have another great showing at their champs.

I'm slightly not surprised with this time as he always seems to peak towards champs. But last year and this year really haven't shown any signs of him doing anything special. I didn't have him making the final but I guess I will change that? Not really sure what to make of it relative to the consistency of others this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
            Where did THAT come from? His last meet(s) were not really in that class.
            In the article posted on the front page a couple of days ago, he indicated that he had been training through those meets.

Comment

Originally posted by Letlôtse

Ato never seems to be off-line, so his reaction noted on Twitter

@AtoBoldon Ato Boldon
              Congatulations to the new king @TorpedoTT on his new TnT national record 9.85!!

Comment

[quote="Letlôtse"

[/quote]

his response is always going to be politically correct no matter how he feels

Comment

Having spoken to him personally after the 2008 NCAA Outdoor Championships, I can tell you that he and Hasely Crawford were really proud to see Richard and Kelly-Ann Baptiste sweep the indoor and outdoor short sprints. If you go back and listen to his commentary when Richard won silver in Beijing, you won't hear even a hint of envy.

Comment

I agree with Jazz on that envy issue. Besides, he's enjoying a very prominent and successful post-competition career within the sport that he loves. No need to desperately hold on to accolades as a result of national records.

Comment

What happen to KAB? I am looking at the finals and perlims and she is not on the list? Did she run or what?

Comment

The women’s 100m event will be missing sprint queen Kelly-Ann Baptiste who has been give an exemption from participation by the NAAA. In her absence, TT’s Semoy Hackett, the 2011 CAC 100m winner, will be the one to beat but will have to watch out for compatriot Michelle Lee Ahye

Comment

Let me doth protest respectfully over the times/wind in these results. Nothing we have seen out of any of these athletes other than Bledman incidates anything close to these sort of marks. Either the timer was off or the wind guage not properly used. While Thompson has been no where near 9.85 in 3 years, Aaron Armstrong at 10.07 and Marc Burns at 10.09 are just impossible to believe. Bledman has been nursing an injury and ran just hard enough to take 2nd is my understanding.

Comment

valley, i agree with you, burns had not run better than 10.3 for the season. armstrong 10.07 is for questions also.

Comment

Well, it is a brand new track. Has it been properly surveyed (length) and tested (stiffness)? Does the IAAF have a certain protocol for certifying new tracks?

Comment

Working...
                              X