Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend at the Ritz

Well, he doubled...and doubled well. Now will anyone step forward and say he shouldn't have won by 20 seconds...in the name of the future of American distance runners?

Re: Weekend at the Ritz

maybe it's time for people to just decide that Ritz is an adult, and can make his own decisions as to what is best for him, his career, and his school. His life/career, not ours.

Comment

amen

Comment

The people that sign on , make critical statements about a young athletes decisions are just internet trolls . Its that simple , he doubled , made the A standard, now the trolls are giving advise to the "high school runners " thread.

gm wrote " We simply can't expect administrators to take our sport seriously as a viable intercollegiate activity when we continue to thumb our noses at the things that probably matter most to the people in charge -- conference titles and All-America awards."

What the hell do you want him to do , he won his NCAA race . Those are your words , Ritz never made any remarks "thumbing his nose" at anyone. Everyone go back to attacking Alan Webb.

Comment

Wait, there are those on the internet who have a tendency to be short-sighted and self-important in their views? I find that VERY hard to believe.

Comment

How about being stoked about Ritz running that time? Even more so, how about being stoked all those guys hit the "A" Olympic standard so early in the season. Now come time for trials alot of those big dogs won't have to worry about hitting the standard and just worry about getting top 3 in the race.
            2 other points:
            1) It was Ritz's first track 10k so I'd say 27:38 is still pretty good for a 21 year old debut. I mean 3 year ago at Penn when he was in HS he went 13:50s and in the 10k he split 13:56 & 13:51, so I'd say he has already improved by alot in the past few years.
            2) His track season hopefully won't end til after August so he still has awhile untill he's looking to peak for the season.

Comment

My fault, apparantly Dath went 13:47/13:51

Comment

Ritz's performance this past week was more impressive than Webb's 3:53 mile.

Comment

>Ritz's performance this past week was more impressive than Webb's 3:53 mile.

Apples and oranges when comparing high school to collegiate. Like saying Pre's American record 5,000m. as a sophomore is better than Ryun's sub four minute HS record. Can't be done with any validity.

Comment

Both Ritz and Webb need to continue to progress, and then we'll see what happens in Sacramento.

Their primary goals should be to compete to make the OLY team. And then, once that task is accomplished, it'll be a Brave New World, as they'll be entering a very different competitive realm.

Comment

Working...
                    X