Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CL and the World...

...Championships.

Obviously everyone but Bolt will have to deal with..."well if Tyson Gay...." ..bummer but that's how it goes. Now it will also be..."well if Steve Mullings..." "what if Michael Rodgers...." too bad.

Without those three I think a realistic placing for the French blaze....7th. I don't see him beating up on...Bolt, Powell, Blake,Thompson, Dix, Carter. Anyone have him more successful than that?

Re: CL and the World...

Carl Lewis is retired....

Comment

Originally posted by gh
      Carl Lewis is retired....
      When did Carl Lewis represent France, must have missed that Haven't seen him in too many races vs those others mentioned either, I need to pay closer attention...hahaha!

Comment

gh is right, that French sprinter is no where near being that widely known/obvious reference.

As for his placing, I do not buy the 10.85 out of the blue without any backup and with others in the race also above prior marks. Some of the Jamaicans have been less consistent than the French sprinter, so they probably stand a better chance of missing the final but will likely do better as individuals but he would not surprise to be one of them. I think that Dix and Gatlin will be both at least as consistent and a little faster. Better options in the 200 where is modest starting skills matter less.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
          gh is right, that French sprinter is no where near being that widely known/obvious reference.

As for his placing, I do not buy the 10.85 out of the blue without any backup and with others in the race also above prior marks. Some of the Jamaicans have been less consistent than the French sprinter, so they probably stand a better chance of missing the final but will likely do better as individuals but he would not surprise to be one of them. I think that Dix and Gatlin will be both at least as consistent and a little faster. Better options in the 200 where is modest starting skills matter less.
          Was there some need to be widely obvious? What did it take 2/3 seconds to figure out who I was talking about? Why is it always so nit picky "here"...sheesh~~~~~~~

I agree 100% that CL will be a better 200n man in his career. As a matter of fact theres where he needs to concentrate his energies. I disagree about the Jamaicans missing the final. We should see all 4 of them there. I'm guessing Carter is now in with Mullings out.

Comment

Well i see to Lemaitre bronze in 200 after Bolt and Dix and around 5-6th place perhaps in 100(i hope that he can get around 9.90).

My finalists in 100 are:Bolt,Blake,Powell,Carter,Dix,Gatlin,Lemaitre and Thompson(Bailey perhaps can enter) :wink:

Comment

He will have trouble making the top 6 or 7 in the 100 and there is even a (very low) possibility he could even miss the finals. He will have a very very good chance of grabbing the last medal in the 200.

Comment

Working...
              X