Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verzbicas opts for the 'easy' option

"Everyone knows Lukas is capable of winning the (senior) world championship in triathlon some day, but it isn't just about talent," said Multisports Madness team director Keith Dickson, "You have to do the work, and the work is daunting. "You need hard-core experience and the toughness that comes with it. It's very different from just running. If you want to be a world champion triathlete, you have to be a triathlete.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/gl ... 924.column

Re: Verzbicas opts for the 'easy' option

I saw that. What are they going to say "our sport is soft, you can do it on the side."? Their whole image is that the Tri is HARD.

Of course, they have set it up so that it is hard. You have to do a lot of training, more training than you can do in running by far because you have two other sports that allow for a lot of training hours. For instance, in running, two hours of running is about all you can do with that side of the sport, although weights etc are also important. In contrast, distance swimmers may do almost as much swimming (miles) as many middle distance and even distance runners. For bike racing, Armstrong's ad was "I'm on my bike six hours a day, what are you on?"

Comment

Re: Verzbicas opts for the 'easy' option

and there aren't any east africans in the triathlon

in the tri nbc will lust over him, while on the track, he might not make a usa team

Comment

Working...
      X