Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K Bekele IN for Daegu

Rupp and Farah make a decent duo and they will likely stick together through much of the race, since each will know more what the other will do so sticking together increases the predictability for them. As for team tactics, when was the last time that a non-K or E was the favorite [ElG]? It will change the balance here just as that race was not run in quite the same manner as other races.

I do not think that Kenyans will think that they have bragging right if the place each of there runners higher than the corresponding Ethiopian if those places are 3, 5, 7, [vs 4, 6, 8]. Will that happen; when was the last time people thought that such a scenario is to be thought about (well, Rupp in second is a stretch, but Mo winning and Rupp in the mix. It could very well go Mo, K, E, K, Rupp, E, K. I would be surprised if Rupp does not beat at least one Ethiopian and Kenyan and Mo two each.

Comment

I wish K-Bek well and hope is heart is in it and he has the legs and lungs to match.
      I can imagine he could be under some pressure to race.
      One gets the impression the Ethiopian people or perhaps just their federation does not like to see their sporting legends go quietly into the good night.

Comment

Rumours persist that he won't be on the startline. My surprise is why no race beforehand if he was actually going to run? Why not find a lowkey 3000 or 5000 and run something solid like 7:33 or 13-flat? I know Jos has confirmed he's running but I've always been doubtful and still am. It's strange to be out for two seasons and then just jump straight into the world championships....

Comment

Originally posted by jlt
          Rumours persist that he won't be on the startline. My surprise is why no race beforehand if he was actually going to run? Why not find a lowkey 3000 or 5000 and run something solid like 7:33 or 13-flat? I know Jos has confirmed he's running but I've always been doubtful and still am. It's strange to be out for two seasons and then just jump straight into the world championships....
          I think he was supposed to run over 5000m in London.
          http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Will Kenny suffer in the hot and humid conditions in Daegu as he did in Mombasa? Although he seemed ok in Osaka.

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut
              Originally posted by az2004
              will the ethiopians sacrifice k bekele???
              Why? I don't see Merga or Sihine winning.
              Don't sell Sihine short; he was beating everyone except Bekele for several years, finishing 2nd to KB in '04, '05, '07 and '08, after a 3rd behind KB and Haile in '03. Don't know, however, whether he will be fully fit, just like KB.

Different race - Solinsky out of 5K, unfortunately.
              Cheers,
              Alan Shank
              Woodland, CA, USA

Comment

Working...
              X