X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USC - UCLA Dual Still the Best

it ain't what it used to be, but look at the winning marks:

http://usctrojans.collegesports.com/spo ... 04aaa.html

NCAA qualifiers in almost every event. Was there a better dual anywhere this year or any other year?

Re: USC - UCLA Dual Still the Best

In case you hadn't noticed, NCAA qualifiers ain't what they used to be either. (They're now just qualifiers for the Regionals and are much weaker than the former National qualifiers.)

Comment

>Was there a better dual anywhere
      >this year or any other year?

The real question should be, was there ANOTHER dual meet anywhere? Do they even exist anymore? So sad. I'd love to see a Texas have duals against A&M, Arkansas, or LSU.
      "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Its not USC-UCLA, or even the "Big Meet," but the Mid-Atlantic Quad Meet - in its 4th year - is a pretty competitive serious meet (Penn State, Pennsylvania, Princeton, Villanova).

Comment

Cal Stanford went at it yesterday. Not much for marks, but fun. Cal men actually won. Havn't heard, but UW Wazu may have also done so.

Comment

UW-WSU was split. UW women won. WSU men won. Still pretty decent meet. Been going on for over 100 years on the men's side.

Comment

Remember Calif."double-duals" from awhile ago?

i.e., Cal-USC and Stanford-UCLA on the same track? I've still got a program. Even if we now did it with the Wash.or Ariz. schools, it would still be fun to see some dual action...for that matter, whatever happened to the triangular meet?

Comment

Re: Remember Calif.

Arizona State, U. of Arizona, and Northern Arizona had double duals on Saturday.
                http://thesundevils.collegesports.com/s ... 04aaa.html

Comment

Dual Meets

Didn't we do this last year?

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/di ... ssage=1878

Comment

Re: Dual Meets

Redundancy is the essence of repetition.

Comment

"Didn't we do this last year?"

This thread's intent was to acknowledge the very high standards of the USC-UCLA dual, not so much about duals in general, which I DO miss, but those days are gone, I think.

Comment

Florida and Florida State had a pretty good dual yesterday. Results in the results links section.

Comment

Purdue and Indiana always meet this weekend too. Looks like Oregon didn't have a dual this season. Shame.

Comment

Oregon hosted the Pepsi Team Invitational, a quadrangular between Oregon-Colorado-Minnesota-Washington. Very entertaining. Whether it's a dual, double dual (my favorite), triangular, or quadrangular, isn't what we all want just some head-to-head competition with team scoring?

Comment

>Oregon hosted the Pepsi Team Invitational, a quadrangular between
                              >Oregon-Colorado-Minnesota-Washington. Very entertaining. Whether it's a dual,
                              >double dual (my favorite), triangular, or quadrangular, isn't what we all want
                              >just some head-to-head competition with team scoring?

That Oregon meet was one of the most perfect track days I've ever seen. Five thousand excited fans on a perfect 80F day in April.
                              The Ducks are flying again.

Here is what Adam Steele said in his journal about that great Oregon scoring meet:

"After returning from a perfect weekend in Oregon I think I can be happy with the results.

Oregon is one of my favorite places to go, this weekend only raised my liking of the area. It was 75 to 80 degrees and sunny. To sleep with the windows open and enjoy the fresh air and beautiful scenery was just what I needed. The track community in the area is also so supportive of track. After the meet watching 100 kids run the 100 meters and the 400 was pretty cool to watch."

Comment

Working...
                              X