Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Best For Monique Henderson

Remember when Henderson looked like the next great U.S. quartermiler and was high school athlete of the year? Has been pretty quiet her first couple of years at UCLA and isn't back in her prep 400 shape yet but note that she has set PBs in the 200 the last two weeks including a 22.71 in the dual yesterday (old best 23.03, pretty decent improvement).

Re: New Best For Monique Henderson

>isn't back in her prep 400 shape yet<

Aren't we being a little tough on her? She ran 51.20 yesterday, which was the fastest she's ever run this early in the year. It was a CL and would be a WL but for the 51.09 that Suziann Reid ran the same day.

Comment

Tough on her? I was so impressed with her that I thought she deserved her own thread, instead of just burying this in the UCLA-USC Dual Meet thread.

Comment

With all the talk about Sanya Richards, I'm glad someone is remembering that Henderson is still out there and just as talented. Her HS times are comprable to Richards and she beat her for the world Jr title at 400. Henderson was the Phenom of the 00 trials, making the relay pool at 18. I find her 200 PR's especally impressive and if she stays healthy and motivated she could run low 50. this year. With the 400 soft this year, I think she can make the team and certainly contribute to the relay in Athens.

Comment

>>With the 400 soft this year, I think she can make the team and certainly contribute to the relay in Athens.<<

We'll see just how soft the 400 is in July. I don't think it's soft at all.

Comment

Add Jerrika Chapple to the 400 mix. Another young star who is resurging big time. 52.65 as a 15-year-old frosh, then slipped to 52.80, 53.35 and 52.77 during the rest of her HS career. At Big 12, two PRs in the 200 (23.33 and 23.13) and another in the 400 (51.92).

Not world-class stuff yet, but the year is young! (And so is she, still being just 19)

Comment

I have mentioned the US women's 400m young talent in another thread.
              why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Working...
              X