3rd Russia

Comment

Re: 2011 WC: w4x400—

Originally posted by t_monk
        Am saying...

1. Jamaica
        2. Russia
        3. USA
        USA third? :shock: If they drop the baton, maybe... Otherwise, the USA will get the gold...

Comment

Originally posted by feltdog70
          Originally posted by t_monk
          Am saying...

1. Jamaica
          2. Russia
          3. USA
          USA third? :shock: If they drop the baton, maybe... Otherwise, the USA will get the gold...
          Am banking on Felix being tired and SRR not being her best and the Russian team actually puling it together. I could flip Jamaica and Russia easily but am leaving the US at third.

Comment

I believe Russia will win this in 3'16"83, with USA and Jamaica under 3'20.
            Fire Impossible.

Comment

[quote=t_monk]
              Originally posted by "t_monk":1aa2nzfg
              Am saying...

1. Jamaica
              2. Russia
              3. USA
              Am banking on Felix being tired and SRR not being her best and the Russian team actually puling it together. I could flip Jamaica and Russia easily but am leaving the US at third.[/quote:1aa2nzfg]

As far as SRR is concerned, even if she is not at her best, running the anchor leg is a whole different animal, at least she has shown us that over the years. She will run down who is ever in front of her, especially if it is close. There is no way that Jamaica or Russia will have large leads when SRR gets the baton, unless something unfortunate (dropped baton, muscle pull) happens. As far as Allyson's legs, they will be just fine. SHE WILL BE TIRED AFTER THE MEET... Also, you forget that the two other ladies, Mccorory and beard are both capable of running sub 50 sec 400s. So, like I say, if it's close, USA all the way. (That rhymes, huh)?

Comment

People seemed to ignore Beard's 49.1r at NCAAs when she had a lot of other races to run in a short time span. Also, the US women get the opportunity to run a lot more 4 x 400s and that really matters. It is one reason why the Americans typically win and others do like Great Britain when the open 400 winner had about the fourth best performance --- on her leg. The Russians just do not have that same environment (the Jamaican's are much closer, but it is mainly at the high school level (but that goes through 19 and some go to the US for college)

Comment

I agree 26. Beard had to run 2 rounds of 400's, then warm up and cool down numerous times before finding out she didn't even have to run. Then running in the morning before finally going on to split 49 at the end of the day.

Comment

ATK & 26mi, Beard's 49.14r is nice but don't get carried away. This year's schedule was much easier than what other 400 greats like Sanya and Natasha had to deal with - only two rounds of the open 400 instead of three, and the 400 final on the day before the 4x400, instead of on the same day of the 4x400 an hour before.

Comment

USA all the way. (That rhymes, huh)?
                      Russia will push ya
                      Jamaica may take ya

Comment

YAWN....this isn't even up for debate. USA will win as usual....
                        LOL smiley face!!!

Comment

The womens 4x4 might be closer than the mens, but I still think the U.S. wins both comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                            ATK & 26mi, Beard's 49.14r is nice but don't get carried away. This year's schedule was much easier than what other 400 greats like Sanya and Natasha had to deal with - only two rounds of the open 400 instead of three, and the 400 final on the day before the 4x400, instead of on the same day of the 4x400 an hour before.
                            Makes sense, even more reason the US should win.

Comment

Originally posted by TxHottrack
                              My predictions

1st USA
                              2nd Jamaica
                              3rd Russia
                              Ditto.

Comment

Working...
                              X