Daily vitamin regimen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily vitamin regimen?

As we all know, the best way to improve strength, endurance, and general health is a high dose of gamma rays, combined with a short temper.

However, having done this, I am interested in knowing more about puny human vitamins / supplements, and what good recommended daily intake should be. Is a generic multivitamin the best bet, or is is better to take individual B, C, E, iron, etc...? I am not interested in competition training, just going for daily mileage runs to fight off the grey (green) hairs.

Comments or suggestions are appreciated. As always, please remember not to make me angry...

Re: Daily vitamin regiment?

>As we all know, the best way to improve strength, endurance, and general health
    >is a high dose of gamma rays, combined with a short temper.

Yeah, but like most steroids, those gamma rays don't do much for your skin complexion.

Comment

There are many multi-vitamin/mineral supplement detractors, but if you are in any kind of intensive training 'regiment', you are better off just getting those multi-packs at Eckerds or Walgreens that cover all the basics.

Comment

Re: Daily vitamin regimen?

Thanks. Being a science-minded individual, I was also looking for a quantitative opinion about which vitamins are needed the most, which are superfluous, which should be avoided due to potential toxicity, etc...

Comment

This subject degenerated into a major meltdown last year, best avoided! I don't believe in them but take a multi vitamin/mineral everyday just-in-case I'm wrong. Since most of the ingredients listed say 100 - 3333% of daily recomendation by FDA, and they say take 2-3, I take one. Buy them at Trader Joe's and wash them down with two buck chuck!

Comment

I don't think the Two Buck Chuck reference will go over outside California. Does TJs sell the stuff nationwide? Excellent wine (for what you pay), in any event...

Comment

>>Did
              >someone say 'regiment'?!!>>

Being the original poster you can go back and correct that title I believe.

Comment

>I don't think the Two Buck Chuck reference will go over outside California.<

It will on this Board. About half way down the infamous Track Sucks thread, there was a good sidebar on the subject.

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/di ... sage=51809

Comment

Anybody know where I can get some new clothes? Mine seem all shredded.

Comment

I miss the days when we could post under fictitious names - too much of a hassle now. If I posted as Johnny Storm and said that I had problems with my clothes too - would anyone get it?

Comment

I was rather serious about my question. I'm not looking for creatine, grape seed extract, or any crap like that. Just curious what the distance runners take in terms of vitamin supplements.

Can no one answer this question (seriously)?

Comment

There is no generic answer to this question. Eat a proper diest and get a blood test done to see where you are deficient. Fill in the low areas w/ what you need.

Comment

<< If I posted as Johnny Storm and said that I had problems with my
                          >clothes too - would anyone get it?>>

I would

Comment

Except for the teensy fact that you spelled your own last name incorrectly, Mr. Grimm.

Comment

> get a
                              >blood test done to see where you are deficient.

Wasn't that one of the main advertised services provided by BALCO?

Comment

Working...
                              X