Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Annoying Mascot?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Most Annoying Mascot?

    That Daegu mascot creature (what WAS it supposed to be?) hopping around invading the space of the track winners... I so wanted someone to deck that cutesy, cloying, posing fat-bastard-doughboy!!!

    Seemed to me that lots of the athletes tried unsuccessfully to walk away and extricate themselves from the beast. Especially ludicrous when it was dancing around hamming it up with Robles, who was about to be DQ'd.

  • #2
    Re: Most Annoying Mascot?

    Nothing tops Spike.

    http://www.slate.com/id/2075293/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Most Annoying Mascot?

      Spike was my pick as well. I just wish they would have made Berlino the official mascot of all IAAF championships, and bring in the guys/gals who were in the suit to at least supervise. Sigh...

      Comment


      • #4
        We may have a new contender, as Oregon22 has debuted "Legend the Bigfoot" lol
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        There are no strings on me

        Comment


        • #5
          Why do we need a mascot in the first place?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by guru View Post
            We may have a new contender, as Oregon22 has debuted "Legend the Bigfoot" lol
            And, to seal the deal, the lamest 'reveal' video ever.

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9KYleCbE1U

            Comment


            • #7
              San Diego Chicken, feathers down.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
                Why do we need a mascot in the first place?
                I would have agreed with you until I went to the 2017 World Championships in London. Hero the Hedgehog was the funniest and most entertaining mascot that I've seen at any sporting event! Berlino from the 2009 WC is a close second!
                Last edited by TWalsh; 05-17-2022, 09:21 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TWalsh View Post
                  I went to the 2017 World Championships in London. Hero the Hedgehog was the funniest and most entertaining mascot that I've seen at any sporting event!
                  I miss the original Jaxon DeVille, the Jaguars' mascot at the start. He was a natural athlete and a daredevil. He did the most amazing stunts, like diving off the highest light tower and ziplining end-to-end across the stadium. He could do a flip in costume and he was outrageous around the opponents, often gettting 'in trouble' (wink, wink) with management. He got fined several times ($100s, not $1000s) and the fines were paid by players.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It's seem all the recent major track and field events in North America have lame mascots. Edmonton had tracker and fielder. Atlanta had Izzy. Now this.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
                      Why do we need a mascot in the first place?
                      We don't!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
                        We don't!!
                        Kids (yes, we want kids at the big meets!) love them.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by guru View Post
                          We may have a new contender, as Oregon22 has debuted "Legend the Bigfoot" lol
                          LSU grad? Jazz, is that you in there?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

                            We don't!!
                            Agree!
                            At a "junior" meet, maybe!
                            But not at a meet featuring the top tier of the sport!
                            Also, I'd want to know if it's a man or a woman inside the costume!
                            One more thing---WHY is a mascot necessary---especially in T&F??

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by aaronk View Post

                              Agree!
                              At a "junior" meet, maybe!
                              But not at a meet featuring the top tier of the sport!
                              Also, I'd want to know if it's a man or a woman inside the costume!
                              One more thing---WHY is a mascot necessary---especially in T&F??
                              When's the last time you attended a big meet in person?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X