Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Annoying Mascot?

That Daegu mascot creature (what WAS it supposed to be?) hopping around invading the space of the track winners... I so wanted someone to deck that cutesy, cloying, posing fat-bastard-doughboy!!!

Seemed to me that lots of the athletes tried unsuccessfully to walk away and extricate themselves from the beast. Especially ludicrous when it was dancing around hamming it up with Robles, who was about to be DQ'd.

Re: Most Annoying Mascot?

Nothing tops Spike.

http://www.slate.com/id/2075293/

Comment

Re: Most Annoying Mascot?

Spike was my pick as well. I just wish they would have made Berlino the official mascot of all IAAF championships, and bring in the guys/gals who were in the suit to at least supervise. Sigh...

Comment

We may have a new contender, as Oregon22 has debuted "Legend the Bigfoot" lol
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        There are no strings on me

Comment

Why do we need a mascot in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
            And, to seal the deal, the lamest 'reveal' video ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9KYleCbE1U

Comment

San Diego Chicken, feathers down.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
                I would have agreed with you until I went to the 2017 World Championships in London. Hero the Hedgehog was the funniest and most entertaining mascot that I've seen at any sporting event! Berlino from the 2009 WC is a close second!
                Last edited by TWalsh; 05-17-2022, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TWalsh View Post
                  I went to the 2017 World Championships in London. Hero the Hedgehog was the funniest and most entertaining mascot that I've seen at any sporting event!
                  I miss the original Jaxon DeVille, the Jaguars' mascot at the start. He was a natural athlete and a daredevil. He did the most amazing stunts, like diving off the highest light tower and ziplining end-to-end across the stadium. He could do a flip in costume and he was outrageous around the opponents, often gettting 'in trouble' (wink, wink) with management. He got fined several times ($100s, not $1000s) and the fines were paid by players.

Comment

It's seem all the recent major track and field events in North America have lame mascots. Edmonton had tracker and fielder. Atlanta had Izzy. Now this.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
                      We don't!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
                        We don't!!
                        Kids (yes, we want kids at the big meets!) love them.

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
                          LSU grad? Jazz, is that you in there?

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

We don't!!
                            Agree!
                            At a "junior" meet, maybe!
                            But not at a meet featuring the top tier of the sport!
                            Also, I'd want to know if it's a man or a woman inside the costume!
                            One more thing---WHY is a mascot necessary---especially in T&F??

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post

Agree!
                              At a "junior" meet, maybe!
                              But not at a meet featuring the top tier of the sport!
                              Also, I'd want to know if it's a man or a woman inside the costume!
                              One more thing---WHY is a mascot necessary---especially in T&F??
                              When's the last time you attended a big meet in person?

Comment

Working...
                              X