• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zürich DL w200—

Originally posted by 26mi235
    Originally posted by Cam9412
    Originally posted by vip
    I think Allyson wasn't overly enthusiastic to be in this meet. It's quite a comedown from a busy two weeks in Daegu. Her heart and her head were back home in LA. I bet she took the first flight out of Zurich.
    Exactly. Let Jeter win her little 200m meets here and there but Allyson and hopefully VCB will be back to light a hot scorching torch under her ass to take back their 200m rivalry and let her have the 100m.
    If I am VCB I am worried, very worried. VCB has been working at this discipline for a long time, working on the curve and her endurance for finishing the event.

Jeter comes in this year, treating it as her secondary event and not on anybody's radar. Despite not being very efficient or smooth on the curve she is close enough to VCB that her speed has her catching until she runs out of gas, something she should be most vulnerable to of the top three when doubling.

Next year she will be smoother in the curve by London (look at her now compared to earlier races) and she will be able to better finish off the last 30 meters. She is already faster than VCB and she has better starting mechanics on a consistent basis. She is working on these things very diligently with her coaches and in races. VCB has possibly inadequate coaching and is using high-level races to improve her performance. A lot of people insinuate (or worse, if you wander over to LetsRun) that Jeter is doing everything because she is on drugs, but go look at her racing and objectively look at her mechanics and how she appears to be working on her conditioning. This time she did not tap out by the 100 final, she tapped out in the last 30m of the 200 final.
    Why do you think that only Jeter will be smoother in the curve by London? VCB could make changes to and make her race even better such as Felix could and hopefully should be able to do by next year. I really want Allyson to start running the curve hard so she can be in front with VCB and they can both use their speed endurance into the final 100m of the 200m and blow the times off the chart. Good luch to both Allyson and VCB.

Comment

Jeter fans are funny as hell. Why should VCB be worried? DWl when Jeter start running 21.98 or anything close to that range then I will say yes. What people are forgetting is that VCB only ran two 200s before worlds. And at Jamaica trails. Jeter have been running much than VCB. VCB did more training in the 100 for worlds this year than the 200. Once VCB up her training for the 200 trust me, she will not be running no 22.22 she dip back to 22.05 and lower. What's Jeter personal best 22.something? That's a cake walk for an inshape VCB.
      Let's no get carried away now

Comment

Why do you think that only Jeter will be smoother in the curve by London?
        I will do this one only so may be you can see beyond your own bias.

1 VCB has been running for a LONG time and has gotten good at the curve

2 Jeter is a neophyte and has already shown she has been learning. So, why does it seem unreasonable that someone that is brand new will not get better when she has very good coaching? She already has gone from not even being on the list for the event to the silver medal in a single season, do you really think that she will be making tons of progress and then instantly stagnate completely?

This seems so obvious that it hardly seems worth needing more than a brief mention but you seem to be unwilling to consider the idea after repeated postings.

Comment

i will do this only one time

just like jeter can possibly improve her curve, vcb can possibly improve her straightaway

so you see whats good for the goose is good for the gander

Comment

Originally posted by Alucard

just like jeter can possibly improve her curve, vcb can possibly improve her straightaway

That's all i'm saying. No one has the perfect 200m race and everyone can improve so why does Jeter have to be the only threat? Why can't Bianca, Kerron, Shelly, Sherone, Shalonda, Muna, and others be a threat also, Why only Carmelita Jeter?

Comment

Originally posted by Alucard

But think about the prospects. VCB has been doing this for almost a decade, it isn't like suddenly there is an entire new thing for her to do or suddenly she sees that she does not have any endurance because she has not run 200s and so she is suddenly going to make some big increment.

Jeter's situation is hugely different; she has not even done the 200 for a season and she is already a Silver medalist. If you think that they both have the same sort of gains to make from becoming more familiar with the event and training specifically for it then you really do not have much perspective.

Comment

Nobody is saying only Jeter can improve. What is being said—and makes eminent sense—is that she has a greater upside than any of the others named because of her lack of experience in the 200 and her previous treating of it as a far-secondary event. If she (or anyone who has concentrated on the 100 to the exclusion of curve running for most of their career) decides to concentrate, it's only logical to assume that she can improve more. And let's not forget that she's bringing the best speed to the table to begin with. Hardly a difficult concept.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                  Originally posted by vip
                  I think Allyson wasn't overly enthusiastic to be in this meet. It's quite a comedown from a busy two weeks in Daegu. Her heart and her head were back home in LA. I bet she took the first flight out of Zurich.
                  Exactly. Let Jeter win her little 200m meets here and there but Allyson and hopefully VCB will be back to light a hot scorching torch under her ass to take back their 200m rivalry and let her have the 100m.
                  If I am VCB I am worried, very worried.
                  VCB has just won yet another gold medal at a major champs, despite being written off as a contender by a lot on this messageboard, so I don't think she will be worried at all....
                  My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

Originally posted by shivfan
                    If I am VCB I am worried, very worried.
                    VCB has just won yet another gold medal at a major champs, despite being written off as a contender by a lot on this messageboard, so I don't think she will be worried at all....
                    [/quote]

Go cite a SINGLE poster that wrote VCB off as a contender. Virtually everyone had her as a favorite or co-favorite in the 200 or co-favorite or second in the 100.

Comment

upside regarding experience or lack of it - jeter. updise in terms of technical changes vcb. whats good for the goose is good for the gander
                      vcb last 2 coaches have said she has loads of improvement to make but we must ignore them and listen to the "jet-heads"
                      we are being forced fed this jeter craze. what about upside in terms of running at this level solomon or upside in terms of running the event fraser? no,jeter, jeter, jeter

Comment

[quote="Alucard"]upside regarding experience or lack of it - jeter. updise in terms of technical changes vcb. whats good for the goose is good for the gander
                        vcb last 2 coaches have said she has loads of improvement to make but we must ignore them and listen to the "jet-heads"
                        we are being forced fed this jeter craze. what about upside in terms of running at this level solomon or upside in terms of running the event fraser? no,jeter, jeter, jeter[quote]

That's all i'm saying. Give other people other than Jeter a chance. Not even just VCB and Allyson but others as well. There are others that deserve to recognized for their potential to improve as well other than someone who runs fast and just started taking another even seriously.

Comment

dracula i said it because I knew her intent and desire in terms of how she wanted to run the race. Don;t confuse the actual execution or lack thereof with what the plan was.

Dracula and Cam your hate for Jet is sickening and needs to cease. She won silver and won this Zurich race, therefore she is the topic of THIS thread. Deal with it. Solomon and VCB are not. 26 addressed the silver medalist upside. It is all conjecture. Pointing out that it is guess work is a weak message board argument. It shows you are scared and that Jet has earned your respect. You know as well as anyone else with eyes that Jet is a real player in the deuce.
                          Her pr is 22.20, she ran it to win Monaco this year, the race in which she corrected a previous tactical error and came off the bend in the lead.

It is a message board and you will proceed with your hatred and disdain, and it is obvious. I will not fight every windmill, carry on. Just realize, Jet is the odds on favorite in the 100 and a gold medal contender in the deuce. When you go back and look at the Daegu final, note how fast Jet closed down on VCB at 150. NO one has ever done that to VCB in full flight. It is going to be fun next year... and oh yeah, Jeter won the Zurich 200.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke
                            Dracula and Cam your hate for Jet is sickening and needs to cease. ..
                            What he said... this silliness has gone on long enough.

Comment

Have you guys ever noticed that I am playing mind games especially when it come to VCB? I always say something like "VCB better get it together or she has no chance" or when she ran 10.76 i said something like "I hope she hasn't burnt herself out so early in the season. Obviously when it comes to message boards and the comments that I make, alot of the times I become somewhat troll like because you guys entertain it. I don't dislike any of the athletes not even Carmelita Jeter and I have great respect for her although she is not my favorite. You guys act like I said I hated her and so what that I mention that I would rather want some else to win but her but when she does I give her Congratulations and move on. Actually even when VCB wins I don't harp on it, I congratulate and move on because one day someone could be the fastest in the world and the next day they don't even make it into the top 20. So take my post about Jeter with a grain of salt because some of you are taking them way too serioulsy.

Comment

smoke - "hate" is a message board buzzword. where do you see me displaying "hate". surely jeter is the topic of the thread, but you should direct that to those who first insert other names in the thread, not to those defending the other girls listed in the thread, no?
                                no one accuse you of "hate" when you say vcb did not gain on jeter in the 4x1

``In the 4x100m final, these are the anchor leg results (note that wind was -1.4m/s in the 100m final)
                                9.88 / 10.97 Veronica Campbell-Brown JAM; 9.95 / 10.90 Carmelita Jeter USA.''

as far as intent in a race now that's a joke. i am sure all 8 girls had intent to do this or that but to use "intent" -your word- as a statement of fact is a joke.
                                jeter is a player in the 200m no one can deny that and you cannot show me where i said otherwise. i only said there are others as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X