• Show
Clear All

• Bolan
    replied
    Re: Zürich DL m100

Originally posted by Amaru523
    Originally posted by Bolan
    If Tyson Gay comes back next year and he's 100% healthy, Blake ain't touching him, he'll be close, but not close enough. If Bolt and Gay are both 100% in London Blake gets Bronze.

As far as Dix goes, I truly think he could easily run low 9.8's or even high 9.7's if he greatly improves his start. Just look at the Zurich race, after 10 meters he's already way behind Blake and Powell, but once he gets going he's able to stay with them.
    Tyson Gay and asafa days of beating up on blake are over, well i will venture and say it is even more so for gay. Tyson gay has a better PB than asafa but any true track fan who is not a flag waver can tell that asafa has much more natural talent than gay, he simply just does not have the heart and work ethichs as gay.
    Asafa has only two option now, retire or get serious and put the work in or he will never even make the jamaica relay team, i think that dismal situation may be the motivating factor.
    Finally, i am tired of hearing all this nonsense about walter dix, the guy is an arrogant tier two sprinter who can hardly beat a 35 year old guy who came out of retirement and you all keep talking these nonsense!!
    I will be bold and say all these talents are better than dix: Blake, thompson, lemaitre and carter
    Okay, so you obviously hate Walter Dix.

Dix is 2nd tier? Okay so who is top tier? Bolt, Powell, Gay, and Blake?

In case you missed it, Dix is an Olympic Bronze medalist and a WC Silver medalist. He finished ahead of Lemaitre, Thompson, and Carter in Daegu. That 35 year old also beat those guys, so whats your point? A guy with a PR of 9.88 in the 100m and a 19.69 in the 200m should get a tad more respect. :roll:

Your comments make ZERO sense.

Dix has a PR of 9.88, so is it really a stretch to say that with a better start he could improve by less than a tenth of a second? Saying Powell could improve his PR by 3 tenths is somehow similar? GTFOH.
    Amaru523

it is not my intent to engage in personal attacks,hence i sincerely apologize for you not been able to recognize my sarcasm about asafa running 9.4's. just in case you are still having difficulty understanding sarcasm (hint! hint! ) my apology is also sarcastic.
    moving on to real track debate, if medals are the prerequisite for tier one then Kim Collins and shawn crawford are just as deserving to be classified as tier 1 as walter dix.

Blake, thompson, lemaitre and carter have accomplish just as much as dix.
    Blake-need no explanation
    Thompson- has a better pr and the medals which he did not earn by virtue of disqualification
    Carter- we all know the guy is coming back from an injury, furthermore he owned dix last year and has a better PB
    Lemaitre- has accomplish more than any of those sprinters in their early career except bolt and blake who are prodigy. heck he is gradually improving his time, thats an accomplishment that dix has not done in yerars. furthermore lemaitre start and 200m running has a lot more potential for improvement than dix.
    For the record i dont hate dix, i just hate his arrogant personality the same way i hated all the other orogant personality of his fellow countrymen. the only difference between him and them is that they were winning gold medals and earned the right to be cocky, untill then be respectfull to the GOAT and his prodigy training partner who is now the world champion. Asafa beat the guy while injured and funning only 60m. which other tier 1 athlete can asafa do that to? none! thats my point! there are only 4 tier 1 sprinters and you know them, untill an athlete starts to consistently run 9.8 he is not a tier one.

Leave a comment:

• ZELLGADISS
    replied

Perhaps today we can see several PB of several runners.
    Rieti es very fast track, so Dix could improve his 9.88 today and Carter improve his 9.90 of this year(hardly he improve his 9.78 last year). Perhaps some sub10 more i hope

Leave a comment:

• ZELLGADISS
    replied

The best race of Dix is 9.91 with 0.0 in Beijing, 3 years later and he really doest no improve...
    His 9.88 is with wind +1.0
    This year his best time is 9.94 with +1.3 in EUGENE.
    Usually for Dix is very hard get sub10 and when he make it is 9.9x.
    In the final he made 10.08 around 9.94 with +1.0
    I see Dix a usual runner 9.9x, tier2 being optimistic. Yes he is competitive, but for get medals is impossible if all great runners are healthy in a final. In Berlin with 9.58,9.71 and 9.84 he doest not medal sure.

I dont understand because many people here being optimistic with Dix when Blake is a lot of better that him.
    By the other hand in 200 for me Dix is tier1, he can run 19.7-19.9 easily and that is very hard for everybody less Bolt and a healthy Gay.

Regards

Leave a comment:

• Amaru523
    replied

If Tyson Gay comes back next year and he's 100% healthy, Blake ain't touching him, he'll be close, but not close enough. If Bolt and Gay are both 100% in London Blake gets Bronze.

As far as Dix goes, I truly think he could easily run low 9.8's or even high 9.7's if he greatly improves his start. Just look at the Zurich race, after 10 meters he's already way behind Blake and Powell, but once he gets going he's able to stay with them.
    Tyson Gay and asafa days of beating up on blake are over, well i will venture and say it is even more so for gay. Tyson gay has a better PB than asafa but any true track fan who is not a flag waver can tell that asafa has much more natural talent than gay, he simply just does not have the heart and work ethichs as gay.
    Asafa has only two option now, retire or get serious and put the work in or he will never even make the jamaica relay team, i think that dismal situation may be the motivating factor.
    Finally, i am tired of hearing all this nonsense about walter dix, the guy is an arrogant tier two sprinter who can hardly beat a 35 year old guy who came out of retirement and you all keep talking these nonsense!!
    I will be bold and say all these talents are better than dix: Blake, thompson, lemaitre and carter
    Okay, so you obviously hate Walter Dix.

Dix is 2nd tier? Okay so who is top tier? Bolt, Powell, Gay, and Blake?

In case you missed it, Dix is an Olympic Bronze medalist and a WC Silver medalist. He finished ahead of Lemaitre, Thompson, and Carter in Daegu. That 35 year old also beat those guys, so whats your point? A guy with a PR of 9.88 in the 100m and a 19.69 in the 200m should get a tad more respect. :roll:

Leave a comment:

• Amaru523
    replied

I think Powell can run 9.5 too or even 9.4's if he greatly improve his finish. Ridiculous!! :roll:
    Your comments make ZERO sense.

Dix has a PR of 9.88, so is it really a stretch to say that with a better start he could improve by less than a tenth of a second? Saying Powell could improve his PR by 3 tenths is somehow similar? GTFOH. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Leave a comment:

• Bolan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bolan
    replied

I think Powell can run 9.5 too or even 9.4's if he greatly improve his finish. Ridiculous!! :roll:

Leave a comment:

• Amaru523
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied

Blake has definitely moved himself up to the A level and Dix is still on the B level. Blake has more upside, but since Dix has a glaring weakness he could make significant progress if he fixes his start (but he has not done so over several years).

Who else but Blake is in the running for #1 in the 100. I think that Powell lost his lead by missing the Worlds and losing here, Bolt lost his lead by false starting and not running anything afterwards. Blake might have to thank Powell for being game to run this so that his resume is good enough to take that honor. He now stands as the biggest threat to Bolt for 2012, although I do not discount Gay because he is taking his gamble to maximize the likelihood he can be GREAT rather than maximizing his expected level of performance. He already has his double Gold honor and very fast times, so he is taking a long shot on the top - hence the injury problems. However, I think people do not understand that such a strategy can be expected to have such a pattern in performance and injury. And, Tyson does not seem to have any problem being motivated.

Leave a comment:

• feltdog70
    replied

Originally posted by chuku69
    Blake stock has gone thru the roof. I'm afraid Powell's is gonna go down. I sense this is the passing of the baton to Blake as the number 2 sprinter in Jamaica. I think Blake will get the better of Tyson Gay next yr also when he gets back to form. He has a better start than Tyson and finishes just as quick as Tyson. Therefore, Powell moves down to number 4. New big 3 is Bolt, Blake, and Gay. Or new big 4 is Bolt, Blake, Gay and Powell. If everyman is fit next yr., the olympic 100m will be the fastest in history!!! I hope is happens.
    Yep. Now we have "the big 4" instead of the big 3. However, Walter Dix may not like this!!

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied

Originally posted by uakari
    i thought he was too hurt to run in daegu last week?
    The start of the 100 was around the 26th, it was the 8th for the race; that is almost two weeks. Also one race versus rounds...

Leave a comment:

• The Norwegian
    replied

Originally posted by ZELLGADISS
    Dix doest not have great start, but Blake neither.
    Dix have big top end speed,but Blake has bigger top end speed.
    Dix has good speed endurance, but Blake has bigger endurance.
    Dix have any chance for win to Blake in 100m?

In my opinion no(only with injury or very bad shape).

The next year i think that Blake begin like third danger after Bolt and Gay.
    And if he improve perhaps Gay can be defeated.
    If Bolt is 100% i think that NOBODY can defeat him...
    I fear that injury will prevent gay from being a force. In the last three championships he's made it to one of the 9 finals that he's supposed to be in. That sucks for the 100 and 200.

Leave a comment:

• ZELLGADISS
    replied

Dix doest not have great start, but Blake neither.
    Dix have big top end speed,but Blake has bigger top end speed.
    Dix has good speed endurance, but Blake has bigger endurance.
    Dix have any chance for win to Blake in 100m?

In my opinion no(only with injury or very bad shape).

The next year i think that Blake begin like third danger after Bolt and Gay.
    And if he improve perhaps Gay can be defeated.
    If Bolt is 100% i think that NOBODY can defeat him...

Leave a comment:

• uakari
    replied

i thought he was too hurt to run in daegu last week?

Leave a comment:

• Amaru523
    replied

Priority #1 for Walter Dix over the winter: WORK ON YOUR STARTS.

Dang, he is so damn slow out of the blocks, he really needs to work on that. His top end speed is great, he can hang with the Powell's and Blake's, but he puts himself into such a huge deficit at the start its impossible for him to come back.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X