• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vielleicht
    replied
    Re: Zürich m110H—

Originally posted by uakari
    liu has not competed in europe all year, has he? does he not need the money?
    As for this weekend, he is home participating in the national championships; not as an athlete though this time, but as a television pundit & announcer.

Leave a comment:

• NormZylstra
    replied

Originally posted by AS
    Originally posted by bushop
    Originally posted by gh
    1. KUNDERT Andreas
    2. THOMAS Dwight
    3. TURNER Andrew
    4. OLIVER David
    5. RICHARDSON Jason
    6. ROBLES Dayron
    7. MERRITT Aries
    8. SHARMAN William
    9. BROWN Joel
    This is what I hate about our sport... and what does not make sense to my casual athletics fan friends... "Where's the Chinese guy?" They (and I) want to see Liu Xiang pound the Cuban after the happenings in Daegu.
    Wow, you "Hate" easily. What should we do? Force athletes to compete? :x
    No, no, no... I don't fault the athlete and I don't think it can be 'fixed'... that adds to the 'hate'. The athletics competitor has to take care of her/ himself and do what they need to do their best when it matters to them. I don't fault Liu Xiang, I just miss him.

Leave a comment:

• The Norwegian
    replied

Originally posted by uakari
    No he does not!

Leave a comment:

• uakari
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AS
    replied

Originally posted by bushop
    Originally posted by gh
    1. KUNDERT Andreas
    2. THOMAS Dwight
    3. TURNER Andrew
    4. OLIVER David
    5. RICHARDSON Jason
    6. ROBLES Dayron
    7. MERRITT Aries
    8. SHARMAN William
    9. BROWN Joel
    This is what I hate about our sport... and what does not make sense to my casual athletics fan friends... "Where's the Chinese guy?" They (and I) want to see Liu Xiang pound the Cuban after the happenings in Daegu.
    Wow, you "Hate" easily. What should we do? Force athletes to compete? :x

Leave a comment:

• NormZylstra
    replied

Originally posted by gh
    1. KUNDERT Andreas
    2. THOMAS Dwight
    3. TURNER Andrew
    4. OLIVER David
    5. RICHARDSON Jason
    6. ROBLES Dayron
    7. MERRITT Aries
    8. SHARMAN William
    9. BROWN Joel

Leave a comment:

• cladthin
    replied

In some of his races I do feel he is "up" too soon thus diminishing his acc. to H1. It's important to go into H1 with high hips or it becomes much more difficult to cut step but perhaps not as soon as he is getting to that position.

Like he would and others too, I hope we see the 2010 version of DO at least by next year-he's one of my favorite athletes.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied

His slowest race of the first half is faster than his fastest race of the second half. :?

Leave a comment:

• Half Miler
    replied

I don't think his confidence is an issue at all.

Something happened to his form midway through the season, no question. Here are his marks through July 8th:

Then, a 3-week break from competition. When he returns, the marks drop off noticeably:

13.44 (WC)

What happened from July 9th - July 29th? :?

Leave a comment:

• Per Andersen
    replied

[quote=Half Miler]
    Originally posted by "Top_end_speed":f1bjsqki
    Does anyone know what's going on with David oliver???
    He's not been the same since Pre. And his re-tooled start is clearly a problem.[/quote:f1bjsqki]
    Yeah, but he ran the 7 steps last year too and with great success.
    You are balancing on a fine edge in the 110. Lose some confidence and it's whole new ball game.

Not that he has exactly owned Robles in the past.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

Originally posted by guru
    These track and field "arm chair quarterbacks" are hilarious to me...if you not in the huddle, you don't know the play
    Hmm, so rather than 'inform' his fans, he belittles them? Everyone who is concerned for him, wants him to get better. This sounds very defensive. I have not opined on what his 'problem' may be, because frankly I have no idea just from watching him. A 'poor start' is not a cause; it is the effect.

Leave a comment:

• vip
    replied

Maybe he just peaked as a hurdler. I mean, not everybody is built to go faster than he already has. He might be one of those athletes (Safa, etc.) who comes and goes without any global gold medals.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied

[quote=BCBaroo][quote=Marlow][quote=Half Miler][quote="Top_end_speed":3kqiioqx]Does anyone know what's going on with David oliver???[/quote]
    He's not been the same since Pre. And his re-tooled start is clearly a problem.[/quote]
    This 're-tool' goes up there with Isi's 'fix' to her run-up . . .[/quote]

It doesn't appear to me to be "just his start" he just seems to not be getting up to the same powerful speed as before. Has he made any public comments on this?[/quote:3kqiioqx]

Yes. Yes he has

[url="http://twitter.com/#!/doliversub13/status/111910530918264832"]http://twitter.com/#!/doliversub13/stat ... 0918264832[/url]

These track and field "arm chair quarterbacks" are hilarious to me...if you not in the huddle, you don't know the play

Leave a comment:

• BCBaroo
    replied

[quote=Marlow]
    Originally posted by Half Miler
    Originally posted by "Top_end_speed":3erf3a0e
    He's not been the same since Pre. And his re-tooled start is clearly a problem.
    This 're-tool' goes up there with Isi's 'fix' to her run-up . . .[/quote:3erf3a0e]

It doesn't appear to me to be "just his start" he just seems to not be getting up to the same powerful speed as before. Has he made any public comments on this?

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

[quote=Half Miler]
    Originally posted by "Top_end_speed":1p4fqocg
    He's not been the same since Pre. And his re-tooled start is clearly a problem.[/quote:1p4fqocg]
    This 're-tool' goes up there with Isi's 'fix' to her run-up . . .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X