Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Daegu women's 200 splits

Originally posted by Speedster
    Go with me on this one, there is very little data to support this, its just a hunch.

Ato Boldon talked about hitting a 'sweet spot' when transitioning from the curve the straight in a 200m. Even at the pedestrian pace I ran a 200m in, if you get it right, there is what feels like a sling shot effect that gives you that momentum in the first 50m of the straight. ...
    Elementary physics in action; you're no longer fighting the curve and as that counter-force goes away you're going to momentarily feel "lighter." And your running motion goes back to being normal straight-line motion. Whether or not you actually go any faster or not, on the other hand....

Comment

Originally posted by gh
      Originally posted by Speedster
      Go with me on this one, there is very little data to support this, its just a hunch.

Ato Boldon talked about hitting a 'sweet spot' when transitioning from the curve the straight in a 200m. Even at the pedestrian pace I ran a 200m in, if you get it right, there is what feels like a sling shot effect that gives you that momentum in the first 50m of the straight. ...
      Elementary physics in action; you're no longer fighting the curve and as that counter-force goes away you're going to momentarily feel "lighter." And your running motion goes back to being normal straight-line motion. Whether or not you actually go any faster or not, on the other hand....
      Makes sense GH.

Comment

Originally posted by Rog
        Are those splits definitely accurate? I don't think I've ever seen a world class sprinter in a major 200 run the 2nd, flying 100 down a straight slower than the first 100, from blocks, round a bend.
        It's seems to be a lot more common for women than men. It's common for women's 100 PR's to less than half of their 200 PR's.

Comment

Working...
        X