Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bolt, blake in london 2012

if both run the 100 and 200 jamaica should go gold and silver in both unless tyson g can elevate himself to a higher level than he ever has and he has been at a ridiculously high level.

my fear is bolt may only run either the 100 or 200 and blake would of course run the opposite event so they can continue their game of depriving track fans of a seeing a great head to head match up.

anyway if all 3 run both events i say
    1. bolt
    2. tyson g
    3. blake

1. bolt
    2. blake
    3. tyson g.

Re: bolt, blake in london 2012

the one who track insiders including Bolt and Blake's camp know to be the only real threat is the only one who can stop this will be ready and waiting on the line in the 1 and 2.......

Comment

Originally posted by valleyrunner
      the one who track insiders including Bolt and Blake's camp know to be the only real threat is the only one who can stop this will be ready and waiting on the line in the 1 and 2.......

You said this last year.

Nothing happened.

Comment

Gordon,

What exactly was ValleyRunner's reasoning/rationale for why he thinks Ryan Bailey is the best American threat to Bolt/Blake?

I have seen him and other's say this thing over and over on here for a long time now, and I don't understand why they feel he is the top American sprinter.

Is he running like 19-flat in practice but just refuses to run any races but all the track insiders around the world all attend his practices and time all his practice runs and see that he is consistently running 19-flat in the 200 and 9.5 in the 100 or something?

And (assuming this is not the case), then wtf is all this hype even about, I don't get it.

I'm not hating, I'm just genuinely curious to hear what their reasoning is for touting him so highly even above the likes of Gay and Dix who have both had much stronger performances than Ryan Bailey ever has.

Don't get me wrong tho, I fully understand that he could have way more room for potential than Gay or Dix, just like the way how I myself pointed out repeatedly that Blake seemed to have the most 200m potential of anyone other than Bolt, despite his P.R. only being a 19.78, given how slow he ran the curve on his 19.78, meaning as soon as he ran a merely semi-terrible curve instead of a super-terrible curve, it would result in a super fast 200m time, which ended up being exactly correct.

So like, is there a similar sort of thing with Ryan Bailey like the sort of thing I was analyzing over the past year about Blake, or is there not anything noteworthy like that, and they are just touting him so highly for no particular logical reason whatsoever?

What's the deal?

Comment

Rocket Rae?

Comment

The Athiest - I can't speak for ValleyRunner, but i have read posts on other forums comparing his height to bolt and his 9.88 from last year.

Comment

If Bolt is fully fit, he will definitely run the 100m, the 200m, and the sprint relay - no question about that! He wants to win as many Olympic and WC medals as possible, because he wants to leave a legacy.

As for Blake, he's definitely running the 100m, injury permitting, and the sprint relay. And after his run at Brussels, I'm sure he's running the 200m too....

There won't be any dodging in the Olympics. There will be in the DL meets before then, but not in London....
              8-)
              My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

The idea of a Bolt - Blake - Gay - Dix - LeMaitre double-showdown next year has me salivating already.

It is not outside the realm of possibility for 2012 SBs going into London to be.

Bolt - 9.70/19.50
                Blake - 9.75/19.60
                Gay - 9.78/19.65
                Dix - 9.80/19.70
                LeM - 9.85/19.80

Add in your Asafas and Nestas and Baileys and Gatlins and 2012 may be the GOAT year of sprinting!

Comment

I'm sure 2012 will find a way to disappoint all of us by encouraging these sprinters to duck and dodge each other as much as possible. You know, like every year.

Comment

Originally posted by vip
                    I'm sure 2012 will find a way to disappoint all of us by encouraging these sprinters to duck and dodge each other as much as possible. You know, like every year.
                    And hopefully no one will get injured. I'm kind of ready to see Tyson back and running again along with others.

Comment

Originally posted by vip
                      When there are two it is very easy to duck and dodge. However, with four and a couple of others it gets harder and harder unless you are not going to run or you have the ability to keep the organizer from allowing any of the other top runners from racing.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                        Originally posted by vip
                        When there are two it is very easy to duck and dodge. However, with four and a couple of others it gets harder and harder unless you are not going to run or you have the ability to keep the organizer from allowing any of the other top runners from racing.
                        Yeah,plus most of these athletes still have to eat 3 hots a day,andmake that car payment. :wink:
                        "Sprintin' ain't easy,baby !

Comment

If Bolt is running as he can nobody can run with him. Blake is coming on but he's not a sub 9.60 guy. Put sombody close to Bolt in a 200 and no telling what he might run.

That's if he's still wanting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Avante
                            If Bolt is running as he can nobody can run with him. Blake is coming on but he's not a sub 9.60 guy. Put sombody close to Bolt in a 200 and no telling what he might run.

Over that past 4 years I think Bolt has reached a lever of comfort where no one is putting pressure on him and he can just relax and push hard. I can imagine if Blake was to lead Bolt off the turn by a few meters, Bolt wouldn't Blow by him like one would expect. The pressure would cause him to struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK
                              Originally posted by Avante

Over that past 4 years I think Bolt has reached a lever of comfort where no one is putting pressure on him and he can just relax and push hard. I can imagine if Blake was to lead Bolt off the turn by a few meters, Bolt wouldn't Blow by him like one would expect. The pressure would cause him to struggle.
                              If we are talking the finals of the Olympic games where all the world is watching, I see Bolt in total charge of that race. One the circuit (yeah right) where it's just another payday you make a good point.

Comment

Working...
                              X