• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John G
    replied
    Re: bolt, blake in london 2012

Originally posted by chuku69
    So what abt Bolt? He ran 19.30 @ 21. Ran faster and is going to run faster next yr. Oh wait u are gonna say he is the exception right? Special athlete right? How do we know dat Blake also is not a special athlete? U shall find out next yr. If he keeps healthy, he will for sure go below 19.26 with the guidance of one of the greatest sprint coaches of all time Glen Mills.
    :? :?
    I was pointing out that a significant minority of the fastest guys of all time ran their pb under 22.

Leave a comment:

• chuku69
    replied

So what abt Bolt? He ran 19.30 @ 21. Ran faster and is going to run faster next yr. Oh wait u are gonna say he is the exception right? Special athlete right? How do we know dat Blake also is not a special athlete? U shall find out next yr. If he keeps healthy, he will for sure go below 19.26 with the guidance of one of the greatest sprint coaches of all time Glen Mills.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Originally posted by John G
    History tells us there is probably a likelihood of around 60% - 70% that Blake will ever run faster over 200. He'll be 22 next year. The following were all 21 or younger when they set there pbs:

Lewis, DeLoach, Carter, Spearmon, Obikwelu, Capel, Quarrie, Gatlin, Williams.
    Good point.

Leave a comment:

• John G
    replied

History tells us there is probably a likelihood of around 60% - 70% that Blake will ever run faster over 200. He'll be 22 next year. The following were all 21 or younger when they set there pbs:

Lewis, DeLoach, Carter, Spearmon, Obikwelu, Capel, Quarrie, Gatlin, Williams.

Leave a comment:

• chuku69
    replied

Well we don't need to talk until London next yr because i don't want the garbage talk again next yr. when both athletes not running all out and everyone saying see he is not in 9.5 shape or Blake won't run 19.2 again. Let's wait till London. Everything will be revealed then. U guys have to realize by now that Glen Mills won't let Bolt or Blake peak until Olympics. Even their jamaica trials peak will not be their real peak because that is to just qualify. Their supreme peak will be london. Remember i told u so again!

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied

Originally posted by reggaemon
    You are right. He will run even faster, I guarantee u dat. Next yr. is an Olympic yr. so athletes will be at their optimal best. Barring injury Bolt and Blake will be in supreme form come London. I will not be surprise when both men break the current 200m world record (Bolt will break the 100m also). Excited to know that Glen Mills will not be playing with them next yr. He said Bolt's training will be back to 08 and 09 levels!!! Would not be shocked if mills got Bolt into 9.48-9.52 form for London and Blake 9.68-9.72 form. I bet u probably said the same abt Bolt in 08 when he was in 9.5 shape but ran 9.69. Just enjoy the sport my friend. U can't say Blake may never run this time again without proof especially when he is only 21 yrs old. If u say Tyson Gay may never run 9.69 again, that is more logical because he will be 30 and coming off hip surgery.chuku69

Why have you chosen to ignore what i said about Xavier Carter and Wallace Spearmon coming nowhere near those times when they were quite young with an Olympic games or WC shortly after those runs..what I am saying, Bolt and Blake may never get close to their PB ever again..If they do,great but don't think that what an athlete does in one season necessarily transfer to the following year
    Xman yes, Spearman no.
    Your right that 1 season shouldn't dictate the rest of the athletes career, but Blake has shown steady improvement since 2009. I think if he runs more 9.8's and 19.6's it would be a pretty solid confirmation that he is no fluke. He doesn't really have to PR left and right. I think consistency would is more important than him just running another fast time and calling it a day.

Leave a comment:

• reggaemon
    replied

You are right. He will run even faster, I guarantee u dat. Next yr. is an Olympic yr. so athletes will be at their optimal best. Barring injury Bolt and Blake will be in supreme form come London. I will not be surprise when both men break the current 200m world record (Bolt will break the 100m also). Excited to know that Glen Mills will not be playing with them next yr. He said Bolt's training will be back to 08 and 09 levels!!! Would not be shocked if mills got Bolt into 9.48-9.52 form for London and Blake 9.68-9.72 form. I bet u probably said the same abt Bolt in 08 when he was in 9.5 shape but ran 9.69. Just enjoy the sport my friend. U can't say Blake may never run this time again without proof especially when he is only 21 yrs old. If u say Tyson Gay may never run 9.69 again, that is more logical because he will be 30 and coming off hip surgery.chuku69

Why have you chosen to ignore what i said about Xavier Carter and Wallace Spearmon coming nowhere near those times when they were quite young with an Olympic games or WC shortly after those runs..what I am saying, Bolt and Blake may never get close to their PB ever again..If they do,great but don't think that what an athlete does in one season necessarily transfer to the following year

Leave a comment:

• chuku69
    replied

Originally posted by reggaemon
    Times and form of an athlete don't necessarily transfer from year to year guys..come 2012 the slate is wiped clean..Yohan Blake may never run that time ever again..Xavier Carter, Wallace Spearman springs to mind
    You are right. He will run even faster, I guarantee u dat. Next yr. is an Olympic yr. so athletes will be at their optimal best. Barring injury Bolt and Blake will be in supreme form come London. I will not be surprise when both men break the current 200m world record (Bolt will break the 100m also). Excited to know that Glen Mills will not be playing with them next yr. He said Bolt's training will be back to 08 and 09 levels!!! Would not be shocked if mills got Bolt into 9.48-9.52 form for London and Blake 9.68-9.72 form. I bet u probably said the same abt Bolt in 08 when he was in 9.5 shape but ran 9.69. Just enjoy the sport my friend. U can't say Blake may never run this time again without proof especially when he is only 21 yrs old. If u say Tyson Gay may never run 9.69 again, that is more logical because he will be 30 and coming off hip surgery.

Leave a comment:

• reggaemon
    replied

Times and form of an athlete don't necessarily transfer from year to year guys..come 2012 the slate is wiped clean..Yohan Blake may never run that time ever again..Xavier Carter, Wallace Spearman springs to mind

Leave a comment:

• Avante
    replied

Originally posted by fourjz
    Originally posted by Avante
    Ryan Bailey, the mystery man. A 9.88 guy, a world ranking in the 200m. If he's healthy and still wanting it in 2012....hmmm?
    Who does Ryan Bailey run for,and what country ? ops:
    He ran for some JC, he's an American. Big guy, coming off an injury.

Leave a comment:

• Avante
    replied

Bracy is a great football player. Not a track guy who can kinda play the game. He's a legit football.."star". Which means track and field...

Leave a comment:

• Giant Panda
    replied

Marvin Bracy ran 10.05 (2.2) this season which is extremely fast for a 17 year old. Prezel Hardy ran 10.08 (2.2) when he was 17 a couple of years ago. Outside America there's Jazeel Murphy who ran 10.27 (-0.2) early season before being injured. I noticed a former world record holder's son is competing well in the high school ranks, Cameron Burrell.

Leave a comment:

• fourjz
    replied

Originally posted by Avante
    Ryan Bailey, the mystery man. A 9.88 guy, a world ranking in the 200m. If he's healthy and still wanting it in 2012....hmmm?
    Who does Ryan Bailey run for,and what country ? ops:

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

Originally posted by 26mi235
    Originally posted by enpsalmx
    Remember the name Marvin Bracey for next year. He has the potential to surpass all of these sprinters as a H.S. senior. Can't wait to see his effort.
    Will his sprint progression be slower than it might otherwise be due to his primary focus (I think) on football (American)? I am asking because I think others have both the information and background to assess this.
    Bracy has his eye on the T&F prize. His talent is VERY similar to Dix's. I see sub-10 in 2013-14. Could/should be a factor on the US scene in 2015-16. [Barring injury, of course]

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied

Originally posted by enpsalmx
    Remember the name Marvin Bracey for next year. He has the potential to surpass all of these sprinters as a H.S. senior. Can't wait to see his effort.
    Will his sprint progression be slower than it might otherwise be due to his primary focus (I think) on football (American)? I am asking because I think others have both the information and background to assess this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X