Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andrew Rock? Where is he now? What's he doing?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Rock? Where is he now? What's he doing?

Last I heard was in 08 when he turned to 400M hurdles?

He'd be around 29 now right?

Any relay team with Andrew, Merritt and Wariner on it could have "Rocked" the house eh?
    (Ugh! But I HAD to throw that pun in!)

Re: Andrew Rock? Where is he now? What's he doing?

If I recall correctly, last I heard he and his wife, Missy Buttry, had adopted a child and, while he was still training, the likelihood of returning to competitive track seemed pretty low.

Comment

Ah cool. Can't imagine any better goal than to start a family.

I keep on forgetting that running, track and field etc, are still just sports/games and it's family that matter most.

Thanks for the update!

Comment

http://www.stolaf.edu/athletics/trac...2012-01-21.htm

Andrew with a somewhat uncontested 48.19 on a 200m flat track in Minnesota. He's training under Phil Lundin, the former Minnesota coach during the great Potter/Steele/Hazard/Merritt/Jacobsson years.

Comment

Originally posted by nbonaddio

Andrew with a somewhat uncontested 48.19 on a 200m flat track in Minnesota. He's training under Phil Lundin, the former Minnesota coach during the great Potter/Steele/Hazard/Merritt/Jacobsson years.
          Awesome! I'd love to see him a make a comeback and add some depth to our relay pool (or even better, to get back to his old form and be a medal threat).

Comment

Originally posted by nbonaddio

Glad to here Rock is making a comeback. 44.35 during his prime.
            Hazard? Is that what you get when you mix a Potter, Steele and a Buzard with no Merritt together?

I know Steele was in Eugene a few years ago doing the 800m and running a leg on that wicked OTC 4x4! Haven't heard since.

Comment

At the next UW meet I will try to ask his former coach for an update (probably will not see his sister before then).

Comment

Working...
              X